127.0.0.1 ?

• Hi total NEWBIE here to OMV and I'm stuck.

I can install the latest OMV and it connects to the internet and downloads Derbian, etc.
    After installation and reboot.......nothing.
    I've run ifconfig in "root" and get something about "127.0.0.1".
    I put this in my web browser to try to access OMV and I get nothing.

What am I doing wrong please?

I've tried to find out how you can connect to VPN's with windows 10 but it gives little help to a wally like me. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably Omv is not recognizing your network card.
    what happens if you type ifconfig eth0 up

can you post here your motherboard brand/model in case the network card is built in.

• Hi Frank,

First of all, you understand that this is a NAS device, and that it's purpose is to be managed from another device, yes?

• Is your device physically attached to your network, or are you attempting to connect wirelessly?
    • Could you please provide details on your motherboard and/or network devices (If seperate from the motherboard)?
    • If your system came pre-built, could you provide the manufacturer and model, or service tag?

We need to know if your system has detected your network interfaces, and whether they've been setup.

Could you please provide the output of the following commands?
    (It might be best to drop these into pastebin, as dmesg in particular will be quite large)

Code
    dmesg
    ifconfig |grep "^[[:alnum:]]" -A1
    cat /proc/net/dev
    cat /proc/net/wireless
    route -n
  • Thanks for replies.

I understand that NAS connects to a Remote computer. ie NAS in bedroom and computer in front room.

I'm using my second computer with a wifi card for connection to connect via a Sky Hub to my front room computer.

OMV finds the wifi card and downloads as it installs but when it comes to actually using OMV .... nothing.

I've checked with ifconfig and there isn't an Ip Address for the card, only a "loopback" 127.0.0.1.

I've also used network finder programs on my Windows 10 front room computer to check if my OMV NAS is out there but can't find it.

It seems that OMV finds my wifi card on install but NOT after it's completely installed.

Would omv-firstaid be the way to go?

Is there a Guide somewhere to setting it up?

Is it possible to install my wifi card again after install ? I have the driver for Linux.

Frank

• Debian (The underlying OS). and it's installer have discovered your WiFi card.
    Unfortunately, it looks like OMV has left it either unconfigured, or not started.
    Due to the nature of OMV natively being a headless box, it's not going to be a point and click configuration

Knowing nothing about your network configuration, I can't help you directly, but I suggest you look here for further information:
    https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#Command_Line

From what I can see of the 'Sky Hub' during a brief google search, it looks like it supports WPS-PBC (Push button connect), so I would start a little bit further down at https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/HowToUse#WPS-PBC

If you want more direct config help, you're going to have to start posting the output of the commands requested.
    Now that we know you're using Wifi, you could start with:

• iwconfig
    • iwlist scan
    • cat /proc/net/wireless
    • cat /etc/network/interfaces
  • Sorted!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone.

I first had to use my network scanner to pick an unused address.
    Then I reinstalled OMV after turning off at wall.
    Then I checked with ifconfig to see if it was the same. No change and no connection.
    Next I ran omv-firstaid and picked 1. Network Setup
    It asked if I wanted to configure WLan0 WLan1. Ipicked yes.
    No to autosetup IPV4 and entered my chosen IP and Netmask etc.
    No to autosetup IPV6.

Hey Presto it's up and running.

Now to read about installing more drives and files systems.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN. :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!