Emby or Plex

• Hi,

since my "Snapraid & Greyhole" is up an running for last couple of days I would like to take the next step.
    Currently I have the following media devices in use:

1x Sony Bravia TV (PS4 and a Raspberry Pi 2 connected) <-- a second TV is coming in fall 2016 but without PS4 or Raspberry Pi
    1x Computer (Windows)
    2x Tablet (Windows)
    1x Notebook (Windows)
    1x Smartphone (Windows Phone)

I would like to use a centralized database for all media files (Movies, Series, Music and maybe some Pictures) on my HP Gen8 G1610T OMV machine. There are 2 options I guess:
    Emby or Plex. Is there a really good reason to choose one of them or are they equal good/bad? Could install either Kodi with Plexbmc or just Kodi with Emby backend on my Pi 2.

Thanks in advance

• Try both and you decide. You can have them both installed at the same time. I always have because of testing. If you decide you only want one uninstall the plugin of the one you do not want.

I am using Emby more than Plex these days. If you are a Windows user for your desktop Emby works with Windows Media Player. It is kind of nice if you want a quick way to listen to your music.

• I had a Windows Server ONCE ... never ever again, Debian all the way :) Found it too complicated to get things done ^^

Tried to install "Emby" from the Mono repo but there is something fishy going on:

Code
    Still waiting for folders to be created 
    Still waiting for folders to be created

and counting on (every second)

nvm
    after 90 seconds it seems to be done

• It times out at 180 seconds. What cpu do you have? It downloads ffmpeg and a few other things. If it is not done in 180 seconds it times out.

Each number on the count represents 2 seconds.

• Code
    $ ls -la /var/lib/emby/ffmpeg/20160215
    insgesamt 91396
    drwxr-xr-x 2 emby nogroup     4096 Mai 25 14:16 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 emby nogroup     4096 Mai 25 14:16 ..
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 emby nogroup 46827144 Mai 25 14:16 ffmpeg
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 emby nogroup 46748552 Mai 25 14:16 ffprobe
  • Luke said the fonts folder with those 2 files has been removed. I will make adjustments to the 2.x and pre 3.15 plugins in a bit. Will post again once they are in the repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In repos

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!