Someteimes PLEX service isn't running / service status "RED DOT"

• Hello,

i've got a minor issue with plex but it's bothering me for month now and I'd love to find a solution for it.

About twice a week the plex service simply doesn't start. In the service status overview "running" is marked with a red dot. Plex Web Client ist down.
    Rebooting has no influence on that. I have to disable and reenable the plugin which takes quite some time.

(OMV 2 & Plugins are up 2 date. The Plex plugin updates aren't the cause for this problem.)

Anyone with the same problem?

• Offizieller Beitrag

When the dot is red, did you check to see if the service is actually running? Those status indicators can be wrong.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• tekkb: I guess if that would be the case it should happen on every boot. (Server is not running 24/7.) Or at least not if I haven't added new media.
    Besides that i actually configured plex to scan the libary only if new files are added. (Don't know if there is alway some sort of media scan during the boot but I belief there is none.)

@ryeocaaron: The indicator is correct, the service is not running. If that happens I cannot connect to the plex web client and my clients cannot find the server either.

• I haven't had issue lately where the indicator is not correct. And yes, if it were a file issue it seems like it would happen every boot.

I don't know if you select the scan when new files are added it will disable the scan at boot. But most media servers do do a scan at boot. And I know the default for Plex is to scan at boot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!