Unexpected response from Transmission RPC

• Hi !
    I'm new to OMV. I started 2 weeks ago, and after my 3rd install yesterday, everything seemed to work fine. Transmission, SickRage, Couchpotato and Jdownloader all working fine. So today I installed the clonezilla plugin, verified that all downloads were on pause, restarted the server via WebUI and selected clonezilla in grub. I then did backup the hard drive where omv is intalled on a different hard drive, not the data one either. I then restarted the server and booted omv. In the WebUI, couchpotato service wasn't executed anymore. I then clicked on BitTorrent to check my torrent list, and I received this error :

Now I can't connect anymore to couchpotato, and Jdownloader is ultraslow (<10 kb/s)...
    Please help, I don't want to reinstall again.
    I'm using omv stone burner, and Transmission, Couchpotato... were all installed via plugins.

• So no answer from anybody ? T_T
    I reinstalled both couchpotato and transmission plugins, but I still get the same error from transmission... I really don't understand why services that were working prior to reboot don't function correctly after reboot, with no changes of the parameters inbetween...
    Should I use something else than transmission ?
    Should I update to omv3 ?
    Please help !

• Here is the log from couch potato

Code
    05-27 11:13:04 ERROR[ couchpotato.api] Failed doing api request "download.transmission.test": Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/api.py", line 36, in run_handler res = api[route](**kwargs) File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/_base/downloader/main.py", line 178, in _test t = self.test() File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/downloaders/transmission.py", line 110, in test if self.connect() and self.trpc.get_session(): File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/downloaders/transmission.py", line 33, in connect self.trpc = TransmissionRPC(host[0], port = host[1], rpc_url = self.conf('rpc_url').strip('/ '), username = self.conf('username'), password = self.conf('password')) File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/downloaders/transmission.py", line 211, in __init__ self.session = self.get_session() File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/downloaders/transmission.py", line 254, in get_session return self._request(post_data) File "/opt/couchpotato/couchpotato/core/downloaders/transmission.py", line 218, in _request open_request = urllib2.urlopen(request) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen return _opener.open(url, data, timeout) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 401, in open response = self._open(req, data) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 419, in _open '_open', req) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 379, in _call_chain result = func(*args) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1211, in http_open return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1184, in do_open r = h.getresponse(buffering=True) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1034, in getresponse response.begin() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 407, in begin version, status, reason = self._read_status() File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 371, in _read_status raise BadStatusLine(line) BadStatusLine: ''
    • Offizieller Beitrag

So no answer from anybody ? T_T
    I reinstalled both couchpotato and transmission plugins, but I still get the same error from transmission... I really don't understand why services that were working prior to reboot don't function correctly after reboot, with no changes of the parameters inbetween...
    Should I use something else than transmission ?
    Should I update to omv3 ?
    Please help !

Sorry, I don't use filesharing plugins so I can't help. What type of media is OMV installed on?

No, don't update to OMV3. Not all of these plugins are ready and OMV 3 is not ready.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron, thanks for the reply :)
    Ok for omv3
    OMV is installed on a home made server with 3 HDDs : 1 for omv, 1 for data and one for the logs/backup config.
    I don't use raid because all of my important files are already on an external drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was just making sure you weren't using flash media and that was causing the problem. Since you are using a hard drive, that isn't the issue. Afraid I don't have much more advice. Maybe @jhmiller can help?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like something is unexpected from the api return from transmission, maybe a mismatch in between the plugin and the binary daemon. Any how does the transmission webui works at port 9091?

the display torrent panel was removed in 3.0, so is more sort like an eye candy at the plugin, the transmission own webui should be enough.

No idea if this will be fixed, all efforts are towards 3.0 now.

• Well, I figured it out... I realised my triple play internet box was also using transmission, on the same port... I never used it, but the service is always on, so there was conflict...
    Dumb me ^^"
    Thanks for your time guys, sorry.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!