[Please help] Open Media Vault can't download files to install to HP Microsever

• Hello OMV forum,

I have created a USB installation drive as I want to install Open Media Vault to my HP ProLiant N54L.

All seems to go well until the installer tries to download some files at which point it fails and stops the installation process.

I have included some screen shots so you can see what happens.

This is the first screen that I see when the installation fails.

I can confirm that I am connected to my internet via ethernet cable.

If anyone could help or make any suggestions I'd be truly grateful.

Please feel free to ask me any additional questions.

I feel lost with out having my file server :(

EDIT I have tested the cable and broadband connection with a laptop. The laptop doesn't have a problem loading a web page when I connect via ethernet

• I can confirm that I am connected to my internet via ethernet cable.

Do you really have a working internet connection? There is no cable in your router's WAN port... (last picture)

HP ProLiant Microserver Gen8 G1610T / 8GB RAM / 2x6TB + 2x4TB

• Quote from 1uke_: “I can confirm that I am connected to my internet via ethernet cable.”

Do you really have a working internet connection? There is no cable in your router's WAN port... (last picture)

I think it must work differently over here in the UK, we connect our internet in to our phone line via an RJ11 cable and into a micro filter. It works but you can't see this on the picture.

• I think it must work differently over here in the UK, we connect our internet in to our phone line via an RJ11 cable and into a micro filter. It works but you can't see this on the picture.

That would be a DSL connection to the internet.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• ok I see several issues in your picks and I maybe able to help with some.

Issue #1 (failed installed and grub error message) believe it or not is not your internet connection but the fact that you are installing from USB stick. I have spend 3 days figuring that out last week.
    had to reinstall 5 times until finally found similar issue here on forum.
    I say similar because the OP was trying to install OMV from one USB stick to another, Iwas installing to SSD. but the same principal applies apparently. what happens is even though you telling it to install to one drive at some point it try to load grub on the usb stick you are installing from. regardless. and it does not work. when you install form CD it does not do that.
    the easiest way to do if you can is to burn a CD/DVD and install from it. if your box does not have cd drive get a usb cd.
    a bit of a hack is to pull your source USB stick after the first error and do a retry.

no for your connection issue, did you try to choose different mirror? it tells you you can.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!