OMV Web GUI Click Response On Chrome OS

• I've been playing with OpenMediaVault as a home NAS/Media Server and have really been loving it. Today I got a new Chromebook, and am experiencing an issue with the web GUI. For some reason, the site will not respond to clicks on the touchpad, but it will respond to taps on the screen (this happens to be a touchscreen Chromebook, the Asus Chromebook Flip specifically). I haven't been able to find a thread on the forum that addresses this issue, so either I'm just not looking right or I'm the first person to experience it. Hoping that someone out there has experienced a similar issue and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Odroid XU4
    8TB Main Data | 3x3TB Backup Data
    OMV 5.6.2-1
    Docker | Plex | MergerFS | Rsync

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jarodmerle ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

It must be an issue with EXTJS5 that OMV uses and a setting in Chrome on your Chromebook. Strange that we don't see that issue with Chrome on Linux or Windows. I searched but couldn't find anything about it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That's kind of what I figured too (well, the Chrome setting part anyhow). Any ideas on a setting to start trying with? It's always worked fine for me with Chrome on an MS Surface Pro 3 with touch or mouse.

Odroid XU4
    OMV 5.6.2-1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. I have never change any settings that would be similar to this problem.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• For what it's worth and for the sake of documenting a workaround in the event someone else runs into this, I discovered that using a User Agent Switcher plugin (this one, specifically - https://chrome.google.com/webs…obgihpdblnhmmbodake?hl=en) and changing the user agent to "Chrome on Ubuntu" or "Chrome on WIndows" (maybe others too), allows the OMV GUI to recognize both trackpad and touch clicks. Unfortunately, this plugin doesn't allow settings per URL, so I have yet to determine if there will be any detrimental impacts on other websites. Other User Agent Switcher plugins let you define filters and rules, but none of them seem to have UA options that trick the OMV GUI (at least the other two I tried didn't).

Not really a fix, but better than nothing.

UPDATE - Immediately recognized that Google Inbox doesn't like the non-standard User Agent string. It thinks (understandably so) that I'm using an old version of Chrome. Definitely can't use this as a default for the browser, but at least I can turn it on easily when managing my server.

Odroid XU4
    OMV 5.6.2-1

• Offizieller Beitrag

This sounds like a bug (or feature) in extjs5. I would submit a bug on bugtracker.

• Super weird....but I'm having this exact same problem on a new chromebook that I just received. I have workarounds for it, like jarodmerle mentioned...but this is definitely strange. Can anyone think of a reason that the touchscreen would work but not the trackpad? If it has a touchscreen I wonder if it's registering as a tablet or something and the control panel defaults to that input? I have no idea.

• Same here on my touchscreen chromebook R11, but had also on omv 2.X

Very annoying indeed (but not like I'm going to web gui every day), keep up the good work on OMV :)

Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3, Pentium G3220, 4 GO DDR3, 6 x 2 To raid 6, 2.5' 100 Go for system
    Donator because OMV deserves it (20€)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!