VPN plug-in not listed or available after enabling in GUI

• Hi All,

I have spent the weekend installing OMV (2.1) on my raspberry pi 3. After installing, I have applied all available updates so the install is up to date.

I wanted to say great work to the devs and the community as there is plenty of help and advice through the forums.

I have an issue with the VPN plugin. I'd like to setup OpenVPN via the GUI but I just can't get the VPN plugins to show in the 'plugins' page.

I have added the VPN/Remote repository and saved the config. I have rebooted the Pi but they still do not show up in the list of plugins.

I have tried apt-get install openmediavault-openvpn but it is not found/available to install.

Not sure what else I need to do but any assistance appreciated.

Thanks Jata

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't in the repo for armhf. That is why you won't see it. You can try manually installing it from here but I don't think it works for most people.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That explains it. Thanks.

Is VPN something that might be better supported in OMV 3.0 for ARM/Raspberry Pi?

Can you give a little hint around release schedule for 3.0 (e.g. within the next 3-6 mths)?

Thanks again.
    Jata

• Offizieller Beitrag

Haven't tried it (or much else) on the RPi. Too busy porting plugins to 3.0.15+.

3.0 should be ready within the next 6 months I would think. I don't know what else Volker has in mind for 3.x.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thanks again.

sorry for the silly question but how do I install the openvpn package you linked? Do I need to copy the file to the server and then do the apt-get command pointing to the local file?

if so how?

Im new to Linux and command line stuff!

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is only one file in the link I posted. You upload that file with the Upload button in the plugin tab in the OMV web interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!