VPN plug-in not listed or available after enabling in GUI

• OMV 2.x
    • VPN plug-in not listed or available after enabling in GUI

Hi All,

I have spent the weekend installing OMV (2.1) on my raspberry pi 3. After installing, I have applied all available updates so the install is up to date.

I wanted to say great work to the devs and the community as there is plenty of help and advice through the forums.

I have an issue with the VPN plugin. I'd like to setup OpenVPN via the GUI but I just can't get the VPN plugins to show in the 'plugins' page.

I have added the VPN/Remote repository and saved the config. I have rebooted the Pi but they still do not show up in the list of plugins.

I have tried apt-get install openmediavault-openvpn but it is not found/available to install.

Not sure what else I need to do but any assistance appreciated.

Thanks Jata
    • It isn't in the repo for armhf. That is why you won't see it. You can try manually installing it from here but I don't think it works for most people.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Haven't tried it (or much else) on the RPi. Too busy porting plugins to 3.0.15+.

3.0 should be ready within the next 6 months I would think. I don't know what else Volker has in mind for 3.x.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • There is only one file in the link I posted. You upload that file with the Upload button in the plugin tab in the OMV web interface.