mergerfs - what is best procedure to uninstall, reinstall?

• Hi,

I will have a complete backup of the data, though it'd be a lengthy process to have to rebuild anyway since it's about 8 TB of movies.

Is it correct to just uninstall the plugin?

When I reinstall the plugin, I think I can do it with the existing data in place, no special preparation. Right?

Thanks,
    Mark M

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it works on top of the filesystems. Why are you reinstalling the plugin? You should be able to change an option and it will re-write the fstab entry.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your prompt reply, ryecoaaron!

I'm having some minor discrepancies after restructuring my movies to put them each in a separate folder along with adjunct files (such as Trailers and Featurettes sub-directories, per Plex conventions). For example I don't see any *.txt files through the share on Windows .. which is what I expect, since I deleted them all through the share .. but can find one using grep in the Movies dir off the mergerfs mount. I thought taking mergerfs out of the picture temporarily might give me a chance to look around and possibly cleanup.

That's the idea, anyway.

But to confirm, there's absolutely no problem in leaving all my data in place for uninstall, reinstall? Nervous because it's so much data, just want to make sure I'm clear.

Thanks,
    Mark M

• Offizieller Beitrag

Removing the plugin won't remove data. You can access the individual drives with mergerfs enabled. From the sound of it, there is no need to remove or disable the plugin. mergerfs doesn't do anything when you access the individual drives.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You're probably right about not needing to remove or disable the plugin. My idea is that maybe the discrepancy has something to do with mergerfs, and removing it might confirm that. In any case, something's not right, maybe a reinstall would help. Just a shot.

My main concern is that mergerfs can be installed on top of existing data and he'll still join it into a mergerfs filesystem, and you've answered that. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!