LDAP/AD

• Hello

has anyone sucseffully joined OMV to LDAP/AD or used the LDAP plugin, i followed one of the most comprehensive guides to manually join ldap but after rebooting it seems to loose connection, then i have to re join but in premissions i cant actually select to allow domain group or user (yet i can see it in the list)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used once the plugin for testing purposes, I used LDAP docker server that's available in the hub with some data inside. One of the things i noticed is that the users in the LDAP need to be POSIX and also have uid higher that 1000 to be displayed at the webUI. The plugin works for authentication, you cannot manage them from the webUI of omv.

• i followed the attatched guide and i could see he domain users in the ACL section but was unable to tick them to become active i am using 2012 R2 AD

how do you set the uid higher and is that within the ldap or omv itself?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do you set the uid higher and is that within the ldap or omv itself?

Is at the ldap server of course, you cannot manage ldap users from omv I already mentioned that. The edit button in omv will just spit errors. I don't know how to do it CLI, When i did it I connected to the ldap server using a webUI tool to manage the users, add or remove, etc etc. phpldapAdmin was called the tool.

The ldap plugin is just to provide authentication against omv services, FTP, Samba and netatalk.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!