Builiding new system NIC issues

• I don't understand because i have installed the last kernel (4.6) and i've rebooted on OMV with it but, after searching the e1000e driver inside folders i didn't found it...
    or it's not where i expected! But it's strange, any ideas ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used an external NIC which allowed me to get the system up so i could install the kernal through omvextras and it worked like a charm

I have an old Atheros NIC that has worked w/ Linux for ages, and I used it in this manner to get a friends box up and running w/ OMV.

It really is the easiest way, if you have an extra NIC laying around.

If you don't, and you have a spare computer, just take your OS drive, disconnect all drives in the spare computer and put the OS drive in the spare computer. Assuming the NIC in the spare computer is recognized, Install OMV to to the drive in the spare computer, install omv-extras, install the backport kernel, then move the drive back to your NAS and boot it. Once it boots, all you'll need to do is run omv-firstaid to configure the NIC...

I've also done that w/ success... just something to think about.

• Nice to know, thanks for this hint.

I also had the idea to buy a by linux supported extra nic. But with a little kernel friggel I got it to work without spending extra money. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!