OpenVPN - Internet access for VPN clients

• Hi,

I have OpenVPN installed on OMV 2.2 (raspberry pi) and it is working fine in that VPN clients can connect and access computers on the VPN server network.

However, I have an issue where clients can't access the internet when connected via VPN. I have worked out what is causing the issue but I need some help to resolve.

When the OMV server starts, a number of entries are added as POSTROUTING rules/settings to iptables but I don't know where some of these entries are being added/set from.

The entries in iptables causing the issue are 3x SNAT entries in the POSTROUTING section that are setup on the VPN address (10.8.0.0/24) to everywhere as destination but with comment/note 'to:[ip of OMV server].

The 2 steps below resolve the issue and the VPN works just how I intended. Clients can access computers on the VPN server network and also access the internet when connected via VPN.

If I flush iptables with the command:
    iptables -F -t nat

Then add the following route to setup the main POSTROUTING rule:
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -a 10.8.0.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

My question is how can I track down where the SNAT entries in iptables are coming from?

Many thanks in advance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!