Upgrade Fuse from Deb8 Jessie?

• I have been having alot of problems with the "Transport Endpoint Not Connected" error, which revolves around mhddfs, and the other fuse filesystems. I have found that there are bugs in the version of fuse and libfuse2 packages that are included in debian wheezy, but they are corrected in the version in jessie. I know that upgrading 2.2.4 to jessie is not supported, but has anyone had experience in just upgrading the dependencies for fuse? I am working on doing it in a VM, but was curious if this road has already been traveled. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I actually just put the amd64 version of fuse from jessie in the omv-extras stoneburner-backports repo. So, if you installed the backports kernel with omv-extras, that repo is enabled and you should see a fuse update to 2.9.3. Working on the i386 version.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would switch from mhddfs to mergerfs as well.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I done that awhile back, trying to solve the issues... just forgot to mention it ;) Side question, I currently have 3 drives in the pool, which are mostly full, is there a way to re-balance or spread the data across the drives when adding new drive to the pool, or would you just let it put everything on the new.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can manually rebalance but I would just let it do what it does best :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!