Cant delete a shared folder, OMV 2

• Version: OMV 2.2.4 (Stone burner)

Hey guys,

i want to delete a shared folder in OMV but its just not possible. Something is still using this shared folder, i guess. I deleted every user, i deactivated every service except SSH, no home directories.

When i go to "shared folders" and than to "gemeinsamer ordner wird verwendet" (i think it is best translated by "shared folder is used by") for the shared folder that should be erased it says:

Code
    config/system/omvextrasorg/resetpermsconfig/system/shares/sharefolder

So im guessing theres something wrong with the omv-extras.

Is there a way to delete this folder without uninstalling all my omv-extra plugins?

There is a thread with exact the same problem but i dont understand how to apply the solution:

Shared folder in use by omvextraorg/resetperms

• Offizieller Beitrag

Go to the reset permissions tab. Select none (or any other you aren't trying to remove) for the shared folder and save.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the shared folder is selected in reset perms, it is saved in the database. When you try to delete a shared folder, it checks to see if it is "in use" anywhere. Because it is saved for the reset perms tab, it is viewed as "in use" and cannot be deleted. If reset perms is the only plugin using that shared folder, setting the shared folder to none will release it and it will not be "in use" anymore.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi guys!

I have a similar problem, but I'm on OMV 3.0.73 (Erasmus). I tried the reset permissions thing, but it does not seem to work.

I demounted the HDD the shared folder is on, and now I can't edit the permissions for the folder, nor delete it. Currently FTP, NFS, SNMP and SSH is running - can anyone of those be the problem? They are turned off in the settings, but still running. And I've never even used the FTP service.

Users are deleted and the serviced that I have used are turned off. When I try to edit the faulty folder I get this error message:

"Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='c94ae964-4869-468e-b5ce-ceee77272297']'"

Ideas?

• Greetings nopunindended,

I'm experiencing an identical problem on Erasmus. I've spent an inordinate amount of time searching for a resolution and have came up empty handed. I see your post is stamped "Resolved" but I don't see any solution posted? Here is the error message I'm getting:

Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='c2d49ce8-4322-4aa9-a40d-5d4e4eefe18b']'.
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='c2d49ce8-4322-4aa9-a40d-5d4e4eefe18b']'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(231): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.fil...', 'c2d49ce8-4322-4...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->get(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'get', Array, Array, 1)

What was your solution?

Help & Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!