Announcement Abandoned plugins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think the word abandoned here is a bit premature. People have to realize because of changes in the core of OMV a lot of the plugins were ported 2 times for OMV 3. Not fun. So I think Aaron and HK-47, who have done most of the porting, are feeling a bit burned out. After most of the plugins are ported they will probably get bored and do a few more. But some of the plugins are just not being used enough to justify them being maintained. And those will likely not be ported.

I don't see any work being done on the docker plugin as of yet. But just because it is not on Github does not mean that the person working on it has not started the porting for OMV 3.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tekkb ().

• First of all, many thanks for the time and effort you guys put in this.
      It's a nice piece of software especially with the many plugins.

I have a question.
      Like many others, I suppose, I use my NAS as a mediacenter
      for automatic downloads of movies and series.
      Will the sickrage and coucpotato, in time, be ported to OMV 3.0?
    • it is a nice informative therd... many thanks for all the people behind omv and the omv-extras plugins :thumbup:
      for a information i post my used extras-plugins:
      mysql
      nginx
      docker
      emby
      fail2ban
      flashmemory
      autoshutdown
      rsnapshot
      letsencrypt
      omv 3.0.76 | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 3.4.25 | kernel 4.9
      used plugins: nginx | mysql | docker-gui | flashmemory |rsnapshot | antivirus | apt tool | letsEncrypt | fail2ban for omv-webgui/Nextcloud/emby
      used other: netxtcloud | logitechmediaserver | emby
    • Hi,

ZFS would be also nice to have with OMV 3. Rsync, Plex and also AFP with Timemachine support
      should be already available in OMV 3 as far as I have seen.

Keep the good work!

Kind regards,

belierzz
      HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Kingston 30 GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / Raid 5 with EXT4 - OMV 3.0.76 bare metal - Synology DS214 with 1x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup
    • Thanks for the update of Sickbeard and Couchpotato
      It's really awsome.
      There is a small error with couchpotato

Error #0:
      exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message 'mntentref: The value '' is not a string.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:366
      Stack trace:
      #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(297): OMV\Json\Schema->validateString(NULL, Array, 'mntentref')
      #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(624): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(NULL, Array, 'mntentref')
      #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
      #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
      #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
      #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('{"enable":true,...')
      #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(182): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"enable":true,...')
      #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc(155): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.couchpotato...')
      #8 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\Couchpotato->setSettings1(Array, Array)
      #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings1', Array, Array)
      #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(524): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Couchpotato', 'setSettings1', Array, Array, 1)
      #12 {main}

And can someone please tell me how to completely remove Sickbeard ( i.e. settings, db, config)
      because I keep getting the my old config when i install the plugin.
    • Erasmus and plugins

Thanks for your hard work on "Erasmus", Volker & team. Really looking forward to this release.

The plugins that I mainly use are

- OMV extras
      - Rsync
      - Emby (although that's not playing anything. Everything loads fine but there's no sound or video!!!!)
      - OpenVPN
      - MiniDLNA
      - eXtplorer
      - CUPS (with added Google Cloud Print support)
      - Owncloud

My special upgrade request is for the Owncloud plugin. It's very old (OC 6), and it's a real pain to update it to a more recent version (e.g. OC 9) due to PHP.

As most developers have gone with Nextcloud, it may be better to create a Nextcloud plugin instead?
    • This thread was supposed to be for us developers to let the public know which plugins we aren't going to continue to maintain.

The owncloud plugin was a native plugin written by Volker himself. He discontinued it a long time. I highly doubt this will changed or be adapted to nextcloud.
      omv 3.0.87 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.9 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 3.4.26
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!