Abandoned plugins

• I think the word abandoned here is a bit premature. People have to realize because of changes in the core of OMV a lot of the plugins were ported 2 times for OMV 3. Not fun. So I think Aaron and HK-47, who have done most of the porting, are feeling a bit burned out. After most of the plugins are ported they will probably get bored and do a few more. But some of the plugins are just not being used enough to justify them being maintained. And those will likely not be ported.

I don't see any work being done on the docker plugin as of yet. But just because it is not on Github does not mean that the person working on it has not started the porting for OMV 3.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is ported to OMV <= 3.0.13

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• First of all, many thanks for the time and effort you guys put in this.
    It's a nice piece of software especially with the many plugins.

I have a question.
    Like many others, I suppose, I use my NAS as a mediacenter
    for automatic downloads of movies and series.
    Will the sickrage and coucpotato, in time, be ported to OMV 3.0?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like it... Just check github and look at the latest commits to see if work as started.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because I need to fix a few things, openvpnas is in the plex repo.

• Yeah, it is weird that it is in the plex repo but that is how things are when they are beta. Aaron is only human and does way more than his share. Eventually he will probably add a vpn repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

openvpn is already ported and fail2ban is planned to be ported last I head.

• it is a nice informative therd... many thanks for all the people behind omv and the omv-extras plugins :thumbup:
    for a information i post my used extras-plugins:
    mysql
    nginx
    docker
    emby
    fail2ban
    flashmemory
    autoshutdown
    rsnapshot
    letsencrypt

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Hi,

ZFS would be also nice to have with OMV 3. Rsync, Plex and also AFP with Timemachine support
    should be already available in OMV 3 as far as I have seen.

Keep the good work!

Kind regards,

belierzz

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• Thanks for the update of Sickbeard and Couchpotato
    It's really awsome.
    There is a small error with couchpotato

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message 'mntentref: The value '' is not a string.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:366
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(297): OMV\Json\Schema->validateString(NULL, Array, 'mntentref')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(624): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(NULL, Array, 'mntentref')
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('{"enable":true,...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(182): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"enable":true,...')
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc(155): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.couchpotato...')
    #8 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\Couchpotato->setSettings1(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings1', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(524): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Couchpotato', 'setSettings1', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

And can someone please tell me how to completely remove Sickbeard ( i.e. settings, db, config)
    because I keep getting the my old config when i install the plugin.

• @qclan your post is off topic and so i wont talk about it here. I will PM you.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Thanks for your hard work on "Erasmus", Volker & team. Really looking forward to this release.

The plugins that I mainly use are

- OMV extras
    - Rsync
    - Emby (although that's not playing anything. Everything loads fine but there's no sound or video!!!!)
    - OpenVPN
    - MiniDLNA
    - eXtplorer
    - CUPS (with added Google Cloud Print support)
    - Owncloud

My special upgrade request is for the Owncloud plugin. It's very old (OC 6), and it's a real pain to update it to a more recent version (e.g. OC 9) due to PHP.

As most developers have gone with Nextcloud, it may be better to create a Nextcloud plugin instead?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This thread was supposed to be for us developers to let the public know which plugins we aren't going to continue to maintain.

The owncloud plugin was a native plugin written by Volker himself. He discontinued it a long time. I highly doubt this will changed or be adapted to nextcloud.

• The setup/configuration for owncloud was just ridiculous... I expect nextcloud will be more of the same. When a mod tries to support installation of these monstrosities it will suck his life away.

• Though the plugin system is one of the strong points of OMV compared to other NASes, I appreciate you don't want to waste time that could have been spent better.
    I guess installing Nextcloud on the new base with a newer PHP version should be straightforward.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!