clamav high cpu utilization

• I have been having this issue for some time, but am finally getting round to post it.

It seems after some days (not sure how many), something happens with clamd and it stays at 40% cpu utilization.
    It does not do this when initially started, so i guess it is after running from some scheduled times.

shows as user root, /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamav/clamd.conf -pid=/var/run/clamav/clamd.pid 41% CPU 10% MEM

as i say, when initially started, everything is normal. i tried changing the user to clamav in the config and some other parameters, but it seems to get reset to defaults each time.

• So i have checked this now a number of times.

after a fresh start, before the first virus scan. no cpu utilisation is taken by clamd.
    after the first scheduled scan is complete, the cpu utilization stays at 45% or there about.

It also seems to ignore the global settings which still shows via the webmin interface i.e. i have recursion level set to 25, but it only loads 16.....

Fri Jun 10 16:44:13 2016 -> Limits: Global size limit set to 104857600 bytes.
    Fri Jun 10 16:44:13 2016 -> Limits: File size limit set to 26214400 bytes.
    Fri Jun 10 16:44:13 2016 -> Limits: Recursion level limit set to 16.
    Fri Jun 10 16:44:13 2016 -> Limits: Files limit set to 10000.
    Fri Jun 10 16:44:13 2016 -> Limits: MaxEmbeddedPE limit set to 10485760 bytes.

any ideas

• I've just discovered also, that any time the plugin screen is saved, it overwrites the clamd.conf values
    i.e. MaxDirectoryRecursion 15

if i modify directly in clamd.conf MaxDirectoryRecursion 25, it is reset back to 15.

if i enter MaxDirectoryRecursion 25 as an Extra Option it actually create two lines in the clamd.conf
    MaxDirectoryRecursion 15
    MaxDirectoryRecursion 25

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to set the environment variable OMV_CLAMAV_CLAMD_MAXDIRECTORYRECURSION in /etc/default/openmediavault and rebuild the config with

Code
    # omv-mkconf clamav

to apply your override.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!