Unable to install subsonic PlugIn

• Dear all,

after some time, I wanted to expand my OMV installation to better suit my needs. To do so, I wanted to install the subsonic-PlugIn.
    From the PlugIn-panager, I was only told that it couldn't be installed due to problems with dependencies.
    When trying to install via Putty, I receive the following console output:

So seemingly it is FFMPEG wich is a problem, but when trying to install this package, I receive:

Finally, I am able to track the dependency problem down to this package:

So what can I do to get subsonic running on my system?
    Any help or hint is very appreciated...

Br, Gilhin.

P.S.:

As I saw multiple questions on this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you install anything from the sid repo (bad idea)? It is probably blocking due to newer versions of some sid package if you did.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes, I installed the complete libc6 package (libc6 libc6-dev libc6-dbg).
    I did so, because my installation attempts of ffmpeg showed an outdated libc6 package.
    So, from my point of view, this shouldn't be the problem, as I was unable to install both ffmpeg and tge subsonic plugin before installing the newer libc6 package.
    Or am I thinking into the wrong direction?

• Offizieller Beitrag

libc6 is one of the most dangerous packages to upgrade especially to sid. Most of the multimedia packages are very specific on which library versions they need. That is definitely causing the problem.

None of the plugins require installing anything from sid or upgrading libc6. Personally, I would reinstall since it is easier than downgrading libc6.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker says OMV 3 is ready but unfortunately, the omv-extras plugins are not all finished due to lack of time (and help).

• I already read about this status in the forum, but unfortunately one or two of the OMV-Extras (like AUFS or Autoshutdown) are crucial for my use-case.
    And I also got the little sidekick on the support - but I do not feel to have the abilities it needs. Sorry for that.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

aufs is ready because it is in the unionfilesystem plugin BUT I would switch to mergerfs if you plan to use the backports kernel (no aufs module in it).

autoshutdown won't take too long to port. It was next on my list once I am done with snapraid.

• So it's going to mergerfs, as I don't yet know if I will need the backport kernel or not. Is this plugin already ported?
    And just for being curious - is there already a OMV-extras plugin with only a few plugins or isn't it yet available at all?

• Offizieller Beitrag

unionfilesystems plugin is ported and up to date (I use it too).

omv-extras plugin is ported and quite a few are ported. Some of the big ones that aren't ported yet (or not finished) are snapraid, docker, and zfs

• Zitat

Some of the big ones that aren't ported yet (or not finished) are snapraid, docker, and zfs

That is definetely no dealbreaker for me, as I use exactly none of these plugins.
    So I'll start to make a backup of my data right away.
    One final thing: Is there a description how to install OMV 3 on a plain Debian 8 - I just found a way to upgrade...

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why not use the OMV 3 installer ISO?

• Because I always did it this way...
    But honestly: The main reason is because the ISO-version on the homepage is at 3.0.2 and I hope to get a more recent (finished) version using the repositories.

• Just to bring this issue to an end and to document the final solution.
    I tried to use the OMV 3 ISO, upgraded to the latest version (3.0.22) and installed the OMV-extras Plugin. After simply enabling the OMV extras testing repo as well, I was unable to login via the GUI, I received an error saying "Failed to connect to socket: Connection refused".
    I finally decided to stay with a 2.X version, which is currently reinstalled and running smoothly.
    Thank you for your support!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!