To bond or not to Bond

• When using plex I have been getting longer buffer times with my new system which is using a USB gige connection. I have bonded my NIC's but i'm wondering if it's over kill or if i need to just stop using the USB nic since the on board one is working fine.

• Buffer times could mean your CPU doesn't have enough power to transcoding.
    If that the case, try transcode before hand with Handbrake.

Bonding is better; it's provide fault tolerance and redundancy.
    You can try bonding with balance-rr or balance-tlb.
    USB Ethernet may not last long in the long run.
    Install an extra NIC.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

What are you streaming that you're saturating 100MB/s?

A 1080p rip bluray is 10-15Mbit/s, a 4k must be 50Mbit or so?

Unless you're watching 60 movies at the same time.....find it hard to believe you need bonding (link aggregation)

• Currently i'm only streaming Movies from my OMV to my Amazon Fire TV using Plex. I plan on allowing my mother in law access to my list of Movies and TV shows once i get my FTTH 1 Gbps speeds installed. Since her network is only 7 Mbps i doubt i'll be using much of the 100mbps. It's not buffering while we are watching the show just the initial loading which use to take 10-15 secs has just to 30+ sec. When I bonded it allowed me to load in 10 sec again. I'm currently running a i7-6700t processor clocked at 2.8 ghz with 8 GB Ram at 1600.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!