Is OMV3 (Erasmus) still in beta or is it considered stable?

• I was just playing around in my OMV installation's console, with help of documentation, when I came across the omv-release-upgrade command, which, when executed, results in this:

I have known for some time that OMV3 existed, but as far as I knew, it was still in the experimental stages. Since this screen lists OMV3 as a "release upgrade", I am somewhat confused since the wording makes it sound like it is stable, yet there is no OMV3 release available for download from the OMV website.

Can I safely upgrade my NAS server to this release, or is it still in development?

• Is there a list of base plugins and omv-extras plugins that are supported in OMV 3.0 ?

I suppose that as long as the docker-gui plugin has been ported over, converting many of the other plugins is less critical.

• Great! Thanks! That's why I was confused. I had seen other posts, but I wasn't sure if they were outdated at this point.

The only plugins that I use for my installation are the OMV-Extras plugin as well as the OpenVPN plugin, so as long as I can get those two operating properly, I'll be happy.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those two plugins are ready.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Only ones I need are sabz couchpotato and sonarr

needing to to rebuild my current set up as sonarr is acting wierd and will send jobs sabz downloads but sonarr never picks them up and I can't see anything in the error logs restart sonarr still nothing restart the server itself and it sometimes might pick them up so clean install time I think

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Those two plugins are ready.

Great! Based on the way the OpenVPN plugin works, I imagine that the plugin for OMV is not really necessary since in the end, you use OpenVPN Access Server to control the VPN server anyway. I used these instructions to upgrade the version of OpenVPN Access Server to a newer version than the one that ships with the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

openvpn and openvpnas are two different plugins. openvpn plugin doesn't openvpn access server.

There isn't much to the openvpnas plugin. It is meant for people who aren't comfortable with the Linux command line.

The version of openvpnas in the omv-extras repos isn't that much older than what is available on the openvpnas web site.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will update in the morning

• openvpn and openvpnas are two different plugins. openvpn plugin doesn't openvpn access server.There isn't much to the openvpnas plugin. It is meant for people who aren't comfortable with the Linux command line.The version of openvpnas in the omv-extras repos isn't that much older than what is available on the openvpnas web site.

Well, it is a great plugin even for inspirational purposes. I have wanted to host a personal VPN server for some time, but I never thought to use my OMV server for it. I know the version that ships with the plugin is not much older than the latest release. I just wanted to try upgrading it to see if it would work.

• So if i just use SMB, nothing else i should be able to upgrade without issue?
    Reason is, i'm a complete manually setup owncloud9 on the OMV host as well and would like to use newer php packages and so on. The only thing i use OMV for is samba and ACL management.
    Regards Marc

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. OMV doesn't know it is beta. You update minor versions just like any other package.

• My first post, not sure if this is the correct place or what not - if so please feel free to move devs.

I'm building a new server for my house... for those interested the build components:

2 WD Red 3TB NAS HDD
    ASRock N3150-ITX Intel Quad-Core 2.08 GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB
    ADATA S102 Pro 16GB Advanced USB 3.0 Flash Drive

I have some questions about which version I should install stoneburner or erasmus?? I know erasmus has not been released, however the omv-extras.org site makes it look like erasmus is newer, better and more plugins available.
    I have downloaded the openmediavault_3.0.2-amd64.iso from https://sourceforge.net/projec…mediavault/files/3.0beta/
    If I install this iso and just use the 'stable' plugins for erasmus from omv-extras will this work ok or am I asking for trouble?

I am not new to linux - I'm not an expert either, but I know my way around a linux CLI fairly well.
    Mainly I'm planning on using this as storage space for my other home computers and as backend for kodi - so i'm going to use plex server and I'm interested in sickbeard and couch potato (need to look at those more)

Any advice is greatly appreciated...
    Thanks
    Bogie

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are actually more plugins for OMV 2.x. OMV 3.x will gain more but some will not be ported. If the plugins you need are ready, then you would probably use OMV 3.x. Try it in a VM first to see if it is ready.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!