OpenVPN Confusion and Clarification

• Hello all,

I've been running OMV for about 24 hours now... so I apologize for my noob-ness up-front.

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused about the OpenVPN plugins and what exactly they're for. It's my assumption that the plugins in the web admin are for OMV to act as a VPN host, so that you can connect into your local network from outside the firewall. Is this also waht OpenVPN AS does?

Also, I'd like to connect from OMV to sites with encryption (for torrents and such). Is this something that's done outside of the web interface?

Thanks very much for your assistance and patience.

BluesFan44

• Offizieller Beitrag

The openvpn vanilla plugin (community) and AS are front ends for a vpn server, so you can connect from outside (wan) and reach lan clients as you were in your local network.

what you want is vpn client. The openvpn binary that the plugin uses can also act as a client. You just place the client configuration at /etc/openvpn folder and start the service and openvpn should connect to your vpn provider.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!