Rsync between 2 OMV

• Dear all,

I know there are a lot of posts about rsync. I tried to get the right information, but it would not work.
    So the situation is:

There are 2 OMV systems (home and work) I want to sync the files between both. The sync must be startet from the OMV at work. The mainfiles are at the home system.

setup:

home:
    shared folder:
    name: Files
    Volume: FS
    Path: /

user:
    sync in the groups - users and ssh
    write and read privelegs on the folder Files

rsync server:
    modules:
    Shared folder Files
    name SFiles
    user: sync
    Groupe: ssh
    set all active without write only.
    all files are emty.

work:
    shared folder:
    name: FilesW
    Volume: FSW
    Path: /

user:
    sync in the groups - users and ssh
    write and read privelegs on the folder Files

rsync server:
    jobs:
    pull
    source:
    rsync://sync@dyndnshome.com:873/Files
    destination:
    FilesW
    Password: of sync
    testrun.... for setup active.

When I than start the Run in testmode.... I get:

Please wait, syncing <rsync://sync@dyndnshome.com:873/Files> to </media/longnumber//> ...

10) at clientserver.c(122) [Receiver=3.0.9]

Where is my mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Florian

OMV 2.2.1 @ AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
    OMV 2.2. @ Banana Pi M1 (only for testing)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this transfer occurring across wan (Internet) in pure rsync or is it over ssh?
    Only omv3 supports ssh transport. Omv2 supports ssh but is not straightforward.
    To remind you that ssh cannot be interactive so no passwords and no passphrase protected keys.

• where do I see if pure rsync or ssh?

I only worte it in the webgui. of the rsync plugin

I do not need ssh.... only user and password is enough, but if possible and easier ... ssh also is good. the main reason is that it should be a safe connection.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von peleroform ()

• that sound great. I will try later. I am now at home and have no connection to the work system.

Is your tutorial for a real sync (deleting) between both systems or just a backup from A to B? Because in my situation, the files in both systems are changed - and so the systems should be on both ends up to date.

if there is a way using the webgui only I would try that way first.

• Is your tutorial for a real sync (deleting) between both systems or just a backup from A to B?

It is for backup only, not a sync solution.If you really need to sync you should look into a different solution which also handles conflict detection / resolution. For the command line, unison comes to my mind, and there is a syncthing plugin for OMV, if you can live with peer to peer networking

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!