Need help to set up mysql and nginx on my new NAS

• Hey guys,

I build my own NAS for the first time and omv is installed on a ssd. NAS is running well but the problems starting with the set up of nginx and mysql. I used mysql on my old qnap NAS for my central database for kodi an now I´d like to move the database to my new NAS.
    On my old NAS I just had to install some plugins activate some buttons and everything was running pretty well but with omv it´s really hard at the moment. I was looking for a how to on the internet but it´s really hard to find something that helps so I hope i´m getting help here now?

Do someone here have any how to´s for a step by step guide or can help me walk trough this? I really need some help and i would appreciate your help very much...

Sorry for my english but I thougt it reaches more people to read

greetings burna

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    Install mysql
    Enable mysql
    Enable SQL Management site
    Save and Apply
    Set mysql root password
    Click Launch Management Site
    Login with user root and new mysql root password
    Go to Database menu
    Click Create New
    Enter kodi and click Create Database

Here is a start.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi everyone,

I´ve got the same problem. I´m stuck at step 2: If I try to ativate the plugin, I get this error:

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed! invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.

<the details say:
    [color=rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; white-space: pre]Fehler #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'mysql' start 2>&1': Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed!
    invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:176
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(141): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('start')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->start()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/mysql.inc(117): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(206): OMVModuleMySQL->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

I´m new to OMV, sorry if the question is dumb. THX for your help!![/color]

Fehler

• Offizieller Beitrag

The BPi distro seems to have a lot of incompatibilities with OMV. I don't have one so I can't help much.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I´m stuck at point 7, when I try to log in a message comes up with "database - connection to the server failed".

Just to be safe....Do I have to set up the nginx plugin too so mysql works or has this nothing to do with the nginx plugin?

Thanks for youre help

• Offizieller Beitrag

This has nothing to do with the nginx plugin. The mysql plugin creates its own nginx settings.

Try changing the root password again.

• I figurde out, why mysql won´t start:

I GOT THE WRONG OMV!! *bang head against wall*

I downloaded the ight image, installed it an mysql started. I even got Owncloud working, but I didn´t figure out, how to switch it to mysql. After editing the config-file, owncloud wouldn´t start...

I´m new to OMV and even to Linux, so I got to search around a bit. Thanks fpr your help, anyway...

• Next question:
    I´m stuck at step 7 now.
    What password and what user is meant here? Do I have to create a user in OMV?

If I try "root" and the password which I set through the sql-dialog-window in OMV, it doesn´t work...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why that doesn't work but root and the password you reset to is what you should enter. Did you try an empty password in case it didn't reset?

• After resetting the password I have access to sql and I created the new Database "kodi".

So what to do next? Do I have to add a new user on sql or do I take one from the drop down menu with several choices: ?

root@127.0.01
    root@localhost
    root@nas1
    debian-sys-maint

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've never attached kodi to mysql. So, not sure but the plugin is working fine now. I would assume you would need to make a kodi user and kodi database with the kodi user having privileges to the kodi database.

• ryecoaaron: I just had to go with "root!" and blank... and it worked...

then I changed the password like mentioned in another thred. Now I can´t log in again. I tried the whole day to de-install mysql, but I didn´t get it... MySQl + me = no good combination :):)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Very strange... Not sure how to fix that. The plugin works very well for me.

• Hey guys,

just wanted to give a short feedback that my problem is solved! First- there is no need to create a Kodi Database only a Kodi User with all needed privileges ´cause the Database creates automatically when starting scraping youre Movies with Kodi.

My biggest problem was first that I couldn´t get a connection to mysql so I read about another Thread with the same problem like mine and there was the helpful advice to change the local Host ip from 127.0.0.1 to WINS Server adress ip 0.0.0.0!

I just tired this a couple hours ago and feeling good that is working now. It took me a little bit longer but real life had me more than this. Well and now it´s time to go to the next chapter to resolve some other problems :whistling:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!