Upgrade to jessie + stone burner

• Hi,

I have a working and stable 1.19 OMV installation on top of a wheezy install. I have a third party software that requires that I upgrade to jessy, so I'd like to upgrade my OMV installation as well.

How do I proceed ? Should I upgrade debian first or OMV ? Any extra precautions needed ?

Thx

Edit : Sorry I couldn't add labels to the thread, the server is returning errors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Stoneburner does not work on Jessie. Don't waste your time trying.

I would either wait for OMV 3.x or run the software in a VM running Jessie. What software is it?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, I can't say I saw that one coming :)

The software is Domoticz, a software used to control your domotic hardware. The newest versions require libboost-thread 1.55 and wheezy only has 1.49. As this package requires other 1.55 libboost packages, a single .deb install is impossible. There is a PPA, but I fear this might create more problems than it would solve. Do you have any thought on this solution ?

The VM idea is interesting, as I already have virtualbox installed. I'll maybe dig this way.

I suppose the answer to my next question will be "It'll be there when it'll be there", but do you have an idea of when to expect OMV 3.0 stable with jessie ? One month, six month, a year ?

Thanks for your answers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check out this thread - openmediavault-domoticz plugin (TESTING v1.0.1)

OMV 3.x core is pretty much ready but not all of the plugins are. Depending on which plugins you use, will determine when it is ready. I would say most things should be ready within a month.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for your time.

Just to let you know, this plugin is discontinued and the maintainer recommends using the Domoticz docker image. I'll give it a shot, as I never tried Docker before. I still have the VM solution anyways.

I don't use much plugins, but I'll keep it on the safe side and wait for the official 3.X release.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!