Failed to get OMV VirtualBox settings.

• Hallo,
    meine OMV 3.0 Installation läuft eigentlich zufriedenstellend bis auf die Fehlermeldung "Failed to get OMV VirtualBox settings.". Diese ist jetzt seit der 3.0.22 glaub ich da, jedoch startet meine VM ohne Probleme automatisch.

Gibt es dafür eine einfache Lösung oder ist das ein Problem mit dem Plugin?

Grüße

marcusst

• I have the same issue on my test system (OMV 3.0.24, Linux 4.5.0-0.bpo.2-amd64, openmediavault-virtualbox 3.0.4) as soon as I hit the tab "Virtuelle Maschinen":

Also, when I try to open phpVirtualBox I get the following error message:

Code
    An unknown PHP error occurred. This is most likely a syntax error in	
    				config.php in phpVirtualBox's folder. The most common errors are an 
    unclosed					 quote or a missing					semicolon in a configuration item 
    that has been entered (e.g.					 location, username, or password).

Depending on your PHP configuration,					 navigating directly to config.php in your web					 browser may display the PHP error message.

If find that this is not the case,					 or have no idea what this error message means, please raise the issue					 at http://sourceforge.net/p/phpvirtualbox/discussion/help/

Is somebody looking into it?

Regards,
    quetzalcoatl

• Offizieller Beitrag

The post isn't even a day old on a non-released version. Give it time...

No one mentioned if they cleared their browser cache or if their systems were upgraded from OMV 2.x...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Give me a couple of days. This plugin is probably not ported to the latest changes.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Sorry, I didn't mean to push. Just wanted to let you know that there's another one having the same issue.

My system is a clean install of OMV 3.0.2 updated to 3.0.24.
    Firefox cache cleared just now - but same error messages.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is that plugin is/was supposed to be on the list to abandon/not maintain by the current maintainer. I will look at it but I have very little time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can wait a few days. Can I help somehow try to solve the problem?

You can take over maintaining it :D

• And from debug:

Code
    [/i]Executing RPC (service=VirtualBox, method=getMachines, params={"start":0,"limit":25,"sortfield":null,"sortdir":null}, context={"username":"admin","role":1}) ...SIGCHLD received ...Child (pid=24453) terminated with exit code 0PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant OMV_ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR - assumed 'OMV_ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR' in /usr/sbin/omv-rpc on line 85PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant OMV_RPC_MODE_REMOTE - assumed 'OMV_RPC_MODE_REMOTE' in /usr/sbin/omv-rpc on line 106PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant OMV_RPC_MODE_LOCAL - assumed 'OMV_RPC_MODE_LOCAL' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc on line 68PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant OMV_RPC_MODE_REMOTE - assumed 'OMV_RPC_MODE_REMOTE' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc on line 93{"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"RPC service 'VirtualBox' not found.","trace":"exception 'OMV\\Rpc\\Exception' with message 'RPC service 'VirtualBox' not found.' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc:94\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(106): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('VirtualBox', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 'OMV_RPC_MODE_RE...')\n#1 {main}"}}RPC response (service=Cups, method=getPrinters): {"response":[],"error":null}RPC response (service=VirtualBox, method=getMachines): {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to get OMV VirtualBox settings.","trace":"exception 'Exception' with message 'Failed to get OMV VirtualBox settings.' in \/usr\/share\/phpvirtualbox\/config.php:104\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/phpvirtualbox\/config.php(81): phpVBoxConfig->getSettings()\n#1 \/usr\/share\/phpvirtualbox\/endpoints\/lib\/config.php(156): phpVBoxConfig->__construct()\n#2 \/usr\/share\/phpvirtualbox\/endpoints\/lib\/vboxconnector.php(128): phpVBoxConfigClass->__construct()\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/virtualbox.inc(134): vboxconnector->__construct()\n#4 [internal function]: OMV\\Engined\\Rpc\\VirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(81): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(524): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)\n#8 {main}"}}

All components versions like described in above posts, same error

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't think it is related. It was working on OMV 3.0.13.

• Starting the following cmd:

Code
    /usr/lib/virtualbox/vboxwebsrv --pidfile /run/vboxweb.pid

And trying to use web interface I don't see any connection logged on the screen. Instead, trying

Code
    telnet localhost 18083

I see a log message like:

Code
    00:04:16.575177 SQPmp    Request 26 on socket 10 queued for processing (1 items on Q)
    00:04:16.575209 SQW01    New SOAP thread started
    00:04:16.575273 SQW01    Processing connection from IP=187.216.255.185 socket=10 (0 out of 1 threads idle)

Any idea why?

ciao

luigi

• Offizieller Beitrag

Authentication problem? No idea. I asked hk-47 (maintainer) to look at it one last time.

• Any news?
    From my readings I understood that the issues are son of recent rpc code refactoring.
    The file OpenmediavaultAuth.php and (I suppose) the file config.php are using the old API.
    I'm sorry but I don't known openmediavault API and the php language and I cannot proceed to give a fix.

I tried to use a vanilla phpvirtualbox using the following OpenmediavaultAuth.php, but I'm not unable to login. What is it wrong?

I have the following excepiotn:

(PS.: I disabled the try/catch in order to raise the error)

@ryecoaaron do you have any idea on this?

Thanks.

ciao

Luigi

• Hi there,

I finally got it to work!
    But I tried a lot of things, so maybe not all of the steps I've been taking are really nessesary:

After updating my test server to 3.0.25 this morning I reinstalled the virtualbox plugin (still 3.0.4). The installation seemed to go fine except for one warning:

Code
    WARNING: The character device /dev/vboxdrv does not exist.
    	 Please install the virtualbox-ose-dkms package and the appropriate
    	 headers, most likely linux-headers-amd64.

You will not be able to start VMs until this problem is fixed.

So, I found a solution for that at: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=37999
    The hint I've been following was

Code
    sudo modprobe vboxdrv

, so the character device was availlable afterwards.

I did not get the error message (initial post) any more...but I haven't been able to login as none of my admin passwords (incl. admin/admin) would work.
    I changed the ownership of the phpVirtualBox folder because I read somewhere that the login problem could be caused by a config.php that is not accessable and I've noticed that it was set up like this on my productive server (OMV 2.2.5):

Code
    chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/phpvirtualbox

Unfortunately, I still wasn't able to log on to the phpVirtualBox site.
    This is when I checked the /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/config.php on my productive server and copied it to the test server.
    Result: finally I was able to login with the default login (admin/admin).

Anyway, I still came across another issue:
    I've set the network of my new VM to bridge. When I tried to start the VM I got the message that eth0 cannot be accessed and that a

Code
    sudo modprobe vboxnetflt

might be helping.
    I did that and finally I've been able to start the VM and install a system!!

I'm sorry if my actions seem to be pretty uncoordinated and maybe stupid but I'm a real linux noob. I just wanted to let you know that (at least for now) the VirtualBox plugin in OMV 3.0.25 is working for me.
    Maybe my trials will help someone who actually knows what he/she is doing finding a *real* solution.

Thank you!

• I forgot:
    Here's the config.php that worked for my login:

Hope this helps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice work :) I will look at it some more.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!