SFTP client that works over a web browser?

• Hi everyone, i use filezilla for windows and i wanted to install it on omv as well but it looks like it needs a graphical interface to work, can anyone recommend me an sftp client that lets me access it over a web browser? just like the plex plugin or the transmission plugin where i use my web browser to access and use them, i know i can do it via ssh but id rather not use that, im looking for something that wont stop the transfer process when i close the web browser.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You do know that sftp uses the same port as ssh?

Install the remotedesktop plugin. That gives you enough desktop components to login via remotedesktop. You could install filezilla, start the transfer and close remotedesktop. Then you could log back in to check status.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Does installing this increase the server load ?
    or is it only activated when i connect to it? im not sure how it works exactly, the reason i want to stay away from a desktop environment is because it will end up consuming more power...or am i wrong ? ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no active desktop except when you remotedesktop in. It is very minimal even then. I'm not sure a desktop environment would use much more power anyway. Try it. If it uses too much power, uninstall it. It does increase server load if you are doing something in the environment to increase server load but so would a web page performing a task like sftp.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• as long as its using the extra power only when i connect to it, i don't mind at all since im not always using ftp
    i thought it would always be active 24/7 and end up using extra power,im glad that it won't
    just installed the plugin as well as filezilla, working great!

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!