Cannot Unmount

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot Unmount

I have a Raspberry Pi with a 1Tb attached HDD which is used for PC backup and as a music server. I am unable to unmount it in OMV as the umount button is grey. When I try umount in PuTTY it tells me:

root@raspberrypi:~# umount /dev/sda1 umount: /media/22f45667-e682-4224-9f5e-818e3762e0db: device is busy.

This is odd as:
      • the HDD is data only
      • I only have one program installed (Logitech Music Server) and this is inactive. If I stop the service and I still get the same "device is busy" in PuTTY
      • I back-up from the PC to the HDD using FreeFileSync (i.e. I push to the HDD) and this is not running
      Looking around for commands that my help me understand what is happening I tried:

root@raspberrypi:~# fuser -v ./ USER PID ACCESS COMMAND /root: root 27036 ..c.. bash

Any idea what I need to do, please?

OMV 2.2.5
      Raspberry Pi 3 model B
      Logitech Media Server 7.9
      OMV 3.0.59
      Raspberry Pi 3 model B
      Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
    • I don't understand what shared folders/services might be using the HDD. It is only a data disc that is only looked at by me backing up my PC and by my media server when it is playing music stored on the HDD.

I stopped the media server in PuTTY and I am not backing-up to the drive. From my perspective it should be dormant.

Can you advise what I need to do now?
      OMV 3.0.59
      Raspberry Pi 3 model B

The post was edited 1 time, last by Backslash Backslash ().

• Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I had Shares enabled. Disabling Services/SMB/CIFS/Shares (and then accepting this change) still has the HDD referenced in File Systems.

Likewise, disabling Services/SMB/CIFS/Settings/General settings still has the HDD referenced in File Systems.

Is there a way to find out what is referencing the HDD so that I can unmount it?
      OMV 3.0.59
      Raspberry Pi 3 model B