Can't install emby on the latest OMV 3 beta

• I try to install openmediavault-emby and I am getting the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-emby : Depends: openmediavault (= 3.0.13) but 3.0.24 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I am using the latest OMV 3 beta. How can I fix this? Thank you guys!

• the emby plugin is now avalible vor the omv 3.0.13 only.
    you must wait for a pluginupdate to the new datastruktur

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Happy is right, I ported it for OMV 3-.13. I started porting for OMV 3.15+ but have not finished it yet. I've been really busy with work. I am busy this weekend. I think I will have time 4 of July weekend to finish it.

• thank you for the info and take your time.

all right, I downgraded to 3.0.13, but the extra package is not working anymore, since it is not compatible anymore. I need the openmediavault-omvextrasorg_3.0.12_all.deb package. How can I get it? I can't find it on your servers.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is why people shouldn't be using OMV 3.x yet...

https://bintray.com/openmediav…enmediavault-omvextrasorg

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey @tekkb,

do you know when you have finished emby for the actual OMV3.x?

I have a new server with OMV 2.x. It runs great and stable and I love OMV because I want to test OMV 3.x, if it´s stable enough for me and works on my old... :D8o

• I only have one file to finish. Just been so busy with work, the kid and Summer things going on. I thought I would have got it done over last weekend but my gf wanted help replacing some of her lights (wiring hardware lights) again. Will do it as soon as I have time.

• I'll try to work on it tonight or tomorrow Michael...

May I kindly ask for providing arm package (odroid-xu here), too. TIA.

And, btw, I get update errors when I try to activate mono(-testing) repo on arm platform. Seemed to be related to missing package.

--
    Andreas

• Before somebody stars to flame me this neither a question concerning ETA nor asking anybody to port emby for 3.0.
    But I'm starting to miss my emby. So I'm having two simple questions:
    - has somebody managed to install emby on clean omv 3.x. If yes a kind of step by step guide would be highly appreciated
    - can somebody guess how long it will take to get emby on 3.x. Because if it takes longer than I'm considering switching back to omv 2.x

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Isn't asking how long it will take and an ETA the same thing? :)

Pretty sure the plugin is ported to OMV 3.0.13+ but there issue with the version of mono. OMV 2.x is fine if you really don't need OMV 3.x (most don't).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I'm currently running Emby on OMV 3.0.31 without a problem. You just have to install it via cli using the installation instructions for Debian 8.

However I would follow ryecoaaron's suggestion and go with OMV 2.x if you don't really need OMV 3 and wait until the plugin is ported.
    (I had to move to OMV 3 due to issues with my DVB-card).

• I thought the mono issues were solved 2-3 weeks ago? I am using OMV 3 and installed emby via cli and it is running smoothly. I only had to changed the permissions (ACL) for the media folders manually.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea. I don't use emby or anything mono. Maybe they are. I guess tekk is the one to answer what the status of the plugin is then.

• Just tried installing emby plugin on the latest OMV beta, and it's still has broken dependencies. Any update on this issue? I'm a novice, but I'm willing to help how ever I can. Currently, I have resorted to running it in a VM (I don't like installing things outside of OMV unless I really REALLY have to).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!