Installion from bootable USB asks for cd-rom

• OMV 2.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Installion from bootable USB asks for cd-rom

Hello everybody,

After a lot of trying on my homemade NAS, i decided to reinstall the whole OMV system to have something clean to work on.

I created a bootable usb key with OMV 2.1 on it.
      I am able to start from the USB key, select the language/location of my system but at the next step it asks for cd-rom drivers :
      "Load installer component from CD" "There was a problem reading data from the cd-rom"
      I really don't understand why i get this error, since it worked easy and fine the first time I installed OMV in the exact same manner.

What can i do please?

FYI : i already tried using different USB keys, and i tried unetbootin and lili usb creator, even tried OMV 2.0, OMV 3.0, and even Debian 8.5. --> always exact same error

edit : problem solved using Rufus to create the bootable usb disk :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Enikka ().

• Is the key plugged in a USB 3 port? If yes, try a usb 2 port. Otherwise, you could try installing on a different system and move the hard drive to that system.
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Rufus did the job!

That's quite incredible since i already heard that might come from the software that makes the bootable USB and had tried 3 of them (unetbootin, lili usb creator, universal usb installer)

Anyway Thank you a lot! Today was for installing OMV on my NAS; due to this problem I had no choice to watch the football games waiting for a solution :P
    • Put an old or cheap network card ($8 investment) in the machine to install.
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!