MiniDLNA - server slow to show up on my TV?

• Hi there

I've been experiencing an issue with MiniDLNA v1.1 for some time, which I've just been ignoring! I have OMV installed on an HP microserver and stream video files to my TV via powerline ethernet adaptors. For some time now when I select media server from my TV (a 2014 Panasonic plasma) MiniDLNA doesn't show up on the list of available sources for something like 40 seconds. My desktop PC accounts all show instantly. I don't think it's a network connectivity issue as once connected it works fine, and I've changed my router fairly recently and the behaviour is the same.

I did think it might be disc access time as I've got my data drives set to 127 for power management with accoustic management set to min performance/min accoustic output, with spindown after 10 mins with OMV installed on an SSD. I tried making sure the drives were running before attempting to access via the TV but that's made no difference.

There's been no firmware updates for the TV in years, but I can't rule it out as a potential source of the problem, although it seems unlikely given it picks up the accounts on my PC?

I'm not spectacularly proficient with the inner workings of software/server issues, so please be gentle!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Spindown could be the problem. Try another dlna server like plex to eliminate minidlna. I don't think it is minidlna though. I have never been a fan of the smart tv apps for dlna.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use MiniDLNA on samsung smartTv and i have never have problem maybe you have too many files ?? :S

Analyzes your network with wireshark or tcpdump when you use with you desktop and when you use with your tv ??!

good luck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!