• Offizieller Beitrag

Moved to the plugin forum.

This is a third party plugin. Please contact the author, Marcel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess he is a busy guy. You could always follow a guide to setting up OpenVPN on Debian squeeze. I'm sure there is one out there.

• Hi there,

it would be great to have openVPN Plugin in OMV back in a working state.
    It did work really good one or two updates before. I was able to use it flawlessly for months and now the broken state is pretty annoying.
    I am not able to integrate openVPN as good into the system as Mr. Beck did.
    It really was a great Plugin! Please bring it back to what it was soon.

• Yes, if you uninstall the plugin it will uninstall and purge the open vpn package. Then if you reinstall it will work again. I ran across the issue with the user certificate as well. This plugin is not the best... :cry: I've never used Open VPN but just got it working last nite. We should make a How/To for this. Can you tell me the difference between the server or localhost option in the config???

I wrote Marcel on this issue. I'm going to follow this issue and make sure we get more info. on Open VPN on forum. Maybe we can get some other things fixed with it. For example, If you revoke a user cert shouldn't there be an easy way to delete it? etc...

• Hi!

No i have no problems creating the certs.
    My Problem is, that I can not use OpenVPN in road-warrior mode.
    So I can not only set VPN to connect fro a client (internet) to my server (at home) this is really frustrating me.
    The only option i get served is "Route intire Network" or something. So there is only one option in the dropdown instead of 3!
    In former it worked really good, as stated above, but since i had to reinstall OMV i can't use OpenVPN even a little bit.

I configured everything with that one option, that was given to me by the webfrontend, but there is no connectivity from outside my lan.

I really wish you would fix this ASAP, since i do not want to make one more reinstall of that plugin. It is really pissing me off now, since it doesnt work anymore without any reason. I did nothing different than last time, when it worked.

Big thanx in advance. The plugin used to be great!

• Scopee, so you are not getting "local network" or "server only" in the dropdown box? I've been testing the OpenVPN a lot lately and the only problem I'm getting is creating a user certificate. The other thing I don't like about this plugin is the VPN is a routed VPN. I cannot view shares or get any broadcasting from my network when connected. I would prefer a bridged VPN option. I think only error ice.man was having was creating user certificates too.

I should add "road warrior mode" is bridged vpn Scopee. I find no evidence that the plugin ever had this mode. I only see evidence of it using routed (all traffic, server only, local network) vpn.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Scopee, so you are not getting "local network" or "server only" in the dropdown box? I've been testing the OpenVPN a lot lately and the only problem I'm getting is creating a user certificate. The other thing I don't like about this plugin is the VPN is a routed VPN. I cannot view shares or get any broadcasting from my network when connected. I would prefer a bridged VPN option. I think only error ice.man was having was creating user certificates too.

I should add "road warrior mode" is bridged vpn Scopee. I find no evidence that the plugin ever had this mode. I only see evidence of it using routed (all traffic, server only, local network) vpn.

Erm ... "Server only" was what I was looking for. In my opinion that is road warrior. "Local Network" should be briding, i think. But exactly the three options in the dropdown are gone. And now that whole openvpn does not work for me anymore, since it is not available from the outside of my network nor the inside of my network.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!