ClamAV Antivirus openmediavault plug-in issue - integration with Clamwin

• First I would like to thank the team behind openmediavault 3 design. The latest version's Samba allows seamless integration as a password protected NAS with Windows 10 clients.

Earlier was using Centos 7 & CLI configured Samba with Webmin to check status. Their latest update killed Samba functionality refusing clients to login to newly configured password protected shares. With my limited knowledge gave it up, tried FreeNAS. Gave that up too, same issue - could not get to authenticate shares properly with Windows 10 clients. Glanced upon openmediavault alternative & it has been good.

Currently using 3.0.25 version.

My objective is to create a virus update server in openmediavault for Clamwin http://www.clamwin.com/ (windows ported ClamAV http://www.clamav.net/ ) clients through FTP.

However when I enable the ClamAV antivirus plugin, the dashboard service shows it in 'red' coloured ball state, refusing to turn 'green'. When a folder is scanned it gives the following error:

ERROR: Parse error at line 6: Unknown option AllowSupplementaryGroups
    ERROR: Can't parse clamd configuration file /etc/clamav/clamd.conf

• Figured out this is a default configuration conflict issue with two files

1) /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf

AllowSupplementaryGroups false

2) /etc/clamav/clamd.conf

AllowSupplementaryGroups true

I edited out the line of both files with nano
    ### AllowSupplementaryGroups xxxx

voila ! Restarted the service & now the dashboard ball is 'green' !

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should file a bug report

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes done that.

Coming back to the topic Clamwin requires two generic files of ClamAV to update
    http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/58/27/

1) main.cvd
    2) daily.cvd

Idea is to first copy these ClamAV files from the openmedia root folder location
    /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd
    /var/lib/clamav/daily.cvd

- to a shared FTP folder through a cron job on a daily basis.

Then run an automated FTP script on each windows client to connect & transfer those files to the local virus definitions folder on individual startup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would work but why not use samba instead of ftp? Then you could just mount the samba folder on each windows client. Just a copy command would be used then. Or maybe clamwin could be pointed to just use those files from the network share??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yes I agree it can be easier to do with samba share scripting files to be copied to Clamwin 's local db folder C:\ProgramData\.clamwin\db

Pointing Clamwin to a different remote db folder re-configures it & on the folder's absence it fails to execute.

Wanted to probe the possiblity of using FTP anonymous login scripting in windows so that if needed the FTP service can support cross-platform update.

• After successfuly enabling ClamAV by editing AllowSupplementaryGroups parameter and running the commands

freshclam
    service clamav-daemon restart

I can run WebGUI scan on a shared folder with default settings action for Infected files = 'Perform nothing'.

But if I specify a folder for Quarantine (having 'admin' user read/write permission) in settings & select action for Infected Files = 'Move to quarantine' the WebGUI hangs momentarily while saving giving a 'communication error' message.

Have reported this issue in bug tracker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!