OMV can't detect network card

• Hi at all,
    h I made a pc with an intel Pentium of latest generation, and a motherboard with the chipset H170.
    When I try to install OMV it tells me that he can't detect the network card :(
    how should I do? it's possible that is because OMV 2.1 is too old?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, the kernel is too old. Put a temporary network card in. Then install OMV, omv-extras, and the backports 3.16 kernel (using button in omv-extras).

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't have one :(
    it's not planned any new iso? since right now there will be Always more people with this problem

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• i have installed OMV with the ISO that you gave me!
    but now i have a problem: after the boot it only appear to me a black screen with
    "Debiam GNU/Linux 7 NAS tty1"
    NAS login:

what should I do after login with root?

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-release-upgrade

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I tryied, and it tells me that the command omv-release-upgrade it doesn't exist.
    also I'm still not sure if I have the driver for my network card, because If I try to search my IP with ip addr or iptable, I have none.

Of course I hadn't configured the package manager, because during the installation I didn't have the network card's driver

p.s. do you think I need to install OMV 3.0? :( I really don't like to install an OS still in beta!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would download one of the kernels in this post and put them on a usb stick. Mount the stick on the box and install the kernel.

The OS under OMV 3.x is not beta. Even OMV 3.x itself is not beta. Some of the plugins are beta or not ready yet.

• fine, I installed the latest 4.5.7, and now I can see my network card!
    whaT should I do now? If I use omv-run nothin happen :( I still don't get how to launch omv :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-run?? what is that? What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
    dpkg -l | grep openm

• here's the answers:

why it's oMV 1.14 instead of 2.1?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You installed 1.x, it seems.

You need to update to the latest 1.x release to get omv-release-upgrade.

apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    omv-release-upgrade

• But I have downloaded the iso from your link :(
    BTW I need to set my network card before upgrade :(
    Here's what it tells me if I use ip addr

• I gave my network card an ip, and now I can ping my phone. S till I'm not able to ping outside my Lan, for example Google (8.8.8.8)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That link is for an OMV 1.x install ISO. Being on 1.x isn't bad. Moving to 2.x won't fix the network issue because they are both based on Debian Wheezy.

I don't know how your network is setup but on mine, I would:
    omv-firstaid
    If that doesn't work, do the following to manually setup the adapter.
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2
    route add default gw 192.168.1.1
    echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf

• Ok, i'm finally into OMV :D can I upgrade directly from it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That means dns isn't working. Seems like my last command didn't work correctly for some reason. What is the output of cat /etc/resolv.conf

• sorry, I modified the post.
    Now i'm Into OMV web interface :D I made all the update, but still version is 1.19.
    Can I upgrade from the web interface, or I need to use the console?

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.19 should have the omv-release-upgrade command now. Did you execute it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!