plex update 1.0.15

• Just installed the Plex 1.0.15 update though the update manager.
    However, Plex server is still on version 0.9.16.6; even after a reboot of OMV.

I am a Plex pass member, but I follow the public releases through the update manager.
    Normally these updates work fine; however this is the first major version increase.

• root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii libmpc2:amd64 0.9-4 amd64 multiple precision complex floating-point library
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii plexmediaserver 0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-debian amd64 Plex Media Server for Linux
    root@OMV:~#

OMV version 2.2.5 (Stone burner)
    Kernel 3.16-0.bpo.2-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try the apt clean button in omv-extras and see if the update shows up.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That doesn't explain why plex 0.9.16.6 is the install candidate. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep plex

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• after apt-clean, a new update appears (I already installed 1.0.15):
    plexmediaserver 1.0.0.2261-a0117e99e-debian
    Plex media server for linux, 95MB
    maintained by Christian Svedin
    repo: omv-extras.org-plex-mirror/

Can I install this one?

• root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii plexmediaserver 0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-debian amd64 Plex Media Server for Linux

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep, you should be able to. It also looks like you don't need the special version of the plugin anymore. 1.0.15 installed just fine.

• after installation of plexmediaserver 1.0.0.2261-a0117e99e-debian through the update manager
    plex.tv server settings reports: Version 1.0.0.2261

and
    root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep plex
    ii plexmediaserver 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian amd64 Plex Media Server for Linux
    root@OMV:~# apt-cache policy plexmediaserver
    plexmediaserver:
    Installed: 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian
    Candidate: 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian
    Version table:
    *** 1.0.0.2261-a17e99e-debian 0
    500 http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/ plex-wheezy-mirror/main amd64 Packages
    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I think this means everything's correct now.
    My sincere thanks to you guys.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks correct to me especially if it is working :)

• well, it appeared to work, but then I had the "will not play" issue mentioned here
    Plex issue...

Disabling the plugin, re-enabling the plugin and waiting ~3hours (the time it takes to enable) solved it

I always thought the re-enabling just failed, but after the remark of @gderf to "get a meal" after clicking enable, I finally waited long enough.
    During this ~3hours enabling, OMV stutters a bit and the user is is thrown out of the OMV GUI after that timeout, so this process is not very user friendly.

For years I stayed away from the Plex plugin enable/disable button, maybe an informative description next to this button "do not despair, enabling can take hours" would be useful?

• I wonder why it is taking so long for you guys? Mine finishes really fast if the plex package is already installed. If it is a new install it just takes a bit long to download and install the plex package, which is like 100 MB. I have no huge delays on OMV 2.x or OMV 3.0.21+.

• May be related in some way to the size of the /plexmediaserver/Library folder. Mine is 116GB and it took ten minutes to determine that with du -hs

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• 4000+ movies, 2200+ music CD rips, 35+ Multi Season TV Series, 10+ UFC PPVs.....and growing.

Package and plugin work fine here too. Thanks for the fix.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I have no idea how large my Library\..\Plex media server\Media is because I can't get a result from du -hs before the Shell In A Box timeout ..
    I'm guessing photos and series episodes take up more space than movies because each file has its own thumbnail.

• I was wrong. Shell In A Box showed a result (while logging me out in the background)
    This is the Library\..\Plex media server\Media division:

9.0G Cache
    0 Codecs
    0 Crash Reports
    86M Logs
    145G Media
    14G Metadata
    4.0K plexmediaserver.pid
    25M Plug-ins
    4.0G Plug-in Support
    4.0K Preferences.xml
    0 Scanners
    0 Thumbnails

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!