[RESOLVED] Display capacity problem (OMV - W7)

• Hello,

First of all I'm sorry for my English because I'm French (nobody's perfect), but I hope to understand.

I meet a trouble between my windows 7 and OMV on the amount of memory used on the disc.
    Here is my first version of software.

I met a trouble when my setup (first installation for me), so I have reformatted my raid 5 (3 * 2TB) with OMV
    On one side under hard OMV told me empty 0MB while under W7 I already stated about 180Go.
    According to a colleague who has watched with putty the server was empty, but W7 still show me the wrong value.

I have to transfer new files (201Go).

OMV now tells me that I have transferred 202Go but if it makes the difference between available capacity and I find myself with 380Go of use. Which corresponds to that W7 tells me (checked 2pc)

Do you have an idea for me or do I reinstall all OMV and creating my raid

Thanks a lot
    Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some of the space is used by the ext4 format. That is why you are seeing more space used than you transferred.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-2 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• there is a thread in the forum with a command to adjust the default amount it uses. i have done this as it was taking a large amount off my 5x3TB (raid 5) drives

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!