Help, please, problem to login after update (Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory)

• Major Upgrade
    • Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help, please, problem to login after update (Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory)

Hi there,

Please help :)

I have made the update and now cannot login anymore !

It shows the following error :

Connexion Error
      Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
      Error #0:
      exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
      Stack trace:
      #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
      #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
      #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
      #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
      #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
      #6 {main}

For information, I had (before this update) the 3.0.13 version (which was installed by mistake at the time, after this mistaken version it was not possible to make any updates (another topic: Error #4000 when checking updates) and today it was possible to update BUT after that I cannot login anymore).

Thanks for you help.

Have a nice day.
    • Start omv-engined from CLI to see the error message which will show you the errorneous plugin.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • votdev wrote:

Start omv-engined from CLI to see the error message which will show you the errorneous plugin.

Any update on this? I just tried to upgrade today and ran into the same problem. I took your advice and ran the command in shell [omv-engined], no response. I thought perhaps this would enable the production of the error in the syntax when trying to log in again..

Error #0:
      exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
      Stack trace:
      #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
      #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
      #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
      #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
      #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
      #6 {main}

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you.
    • I figured out the -d command for use with omv-engined. it produced the following. it appears CourhPotatoe is the culprit. Any advice on how to remove Couchpotato in the CLI? Can i just kill the process?

/Adam

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config .inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediav ault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc on line 20
      root@openmediavault:~# PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config .inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediav ault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc on line 20
      -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
    • Looks like my problem is minidlna

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/minidlna.inc on line 21

What is the procedure for removing an incompatible plugin?
    • # apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-minidlna
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit