Help, please, problem to login after update (Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory)

• Hi there,

Please help :)

I have made the update and now cannot login anymore !

It shows the following error :

Connexion Error
    Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

For information, I had (before this update) the 3.0.13 version (which was installed by mistake at the time, after this mistaken version it was not possible to make any updates (another topic: Error #4000 when checking updates) and today it was possible to update BUT after that I cannot login anymore).

Thanks for you help.

Have a nice day.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to remove the incompatible plugins.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Start omv-engined from CLI to see the error message which will show you the errorneous plugin.

Any update on this? I just tried to upgrade today and ran into the same problem. I took your advice and ran the command in shell [omv-engined], no response. I thought perhaps this would enable the production of the error in the syntax when trying to log in again..

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you.

• I figured out the -d command for use with omv-engined. it produced the following. it appears CourhPotatoe is the culprit. Any advice on how to remove Couchpotato in the CLI? Can i just kill the process?

/Adam

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config .inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediav ault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc on line 20
    root@openmediavault:~# PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config .inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediav ault/engined/rpc/couchpotato.inc on line 20
    -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

• Looks like my problem is minidlna

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'openmediavault/config.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/minidlna.inc on line 21

What is the procedure for removing an incompatible plugin?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!