Change AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS

• Hello,

I'm using OMV in an environment with about 50 OSX Clients. In the last days I experienced that sporadically users weren't able to connect via AFP. I found out that this was caused by the maximum session limit which is set by default to 20 sessions.
    So I changed "AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS=50" in /etc/default/netatalk and restarted Netatalk. Now afpd is started with the option "-c 50". To my understanding this means 50 sessions are allowed. Unfortunately this setting is overwritten every time I make changes in the AFP configuration over WebGUI. I guess that I have to modify some OVM script to change the value permanently to 50. Can some one help where and how to do that?

Many thanks in advance for your help :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make your changes in /etc/default/openmediavault. Use the environment variable OMV_NETATALK_AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS.
    After that run the following command to build the configuration files.

# omv-mkconf netatalk

• Hi bludwig,

I'm building a Time Machine backup server for 50 people as well and I'd like to ask you few questions.

1. Are you using Netatalk 2 or 3?
    2. Which setup do you have? I have Ubuntu 16.04 and zfs v0.6.5.11-1ubuntu3.
    3. Is your server stable with 50 connections? I've heard Netatalk is not scalable.

Thank you :)

Br,

• I've heard Netatalk is not scalable

We've implemented and tested clustering ages ago: http://www.netafp.com/netatalk-clustering-31/

You need one single CNID database server all Netatalk 'NAS heads' use (and for the same reason we allowed to use other databases than BerkeleyDB to store the CNID stuff so can even use a database cluster with an appropriate DB setup) and of course a clustered filesystem.

Scales almost indefinitely if you configure it correctly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!