Help with website plugin

• Hi. Am new here and a recent convert to OMV. Am liking what I see.

I have installed the website plugin but am unsure of how to configure it next. I have reused someone elses perl scripts for a simple web-based admin task, and the perl scripts are not executing, just showing up as perl text. I have checked they are executable. Even trying a very simple two line perl file to display hello world shows the text!

I did try a search, perhaps more using the right search criteria, but didn't come up with anything useful. Is tehre somewhere I could look? Am I just being a noob and missing a config option to add cgi-based scripts in a different area to the executable path?

Any and all help appreciated.

Trevor

Edited to add - running the latest version of OMV - 0.4.16

• Still can't get and perl scripts to execute.

I added a + to the ExecCGI option in the website - though the file zzz-omv-website-vhost in the sites-available directory and nothing. I also get permission denied if I try and run a perl script from the command line, even with execute permissions (0755) and as root.
    Running ./admin.cgi ....

Code
    -bash: ./admin.cgi: Permission denied

Code
    file admin.cgi
    admin.cgi: a /usr/bin/perl -w script text executable

Start of perl script

Perhaps when I can run a perl script without typing "perl admin.cgi" I might get something from the web interface!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

T

• Still struggling!!

So I started with a debian install with no gui interface and root and a user with their home directories, no problem. Created a test perl script (hello.pl - just three lines - see below) and sure enough it executed on the command line no problem.

Went through the OMV install on top of the debian install and when logged in locally, I could still run the script.

After configuring a few disks to have shared data, I put the hello.pl script in the shared directory and got the

Code
    -bash: ./hello.pl: Permission denied

permission denied problem when doing ./hello.pl

Yet, in root's home directory (i.e. not shared under lvm/openmediavault), the script executes fine!

So, before I raise a bug, anyone any ideas?

Contents of hello.pl:

Perl
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Content-Type: text/html \n\n";
    print "Hello World";
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Shared volumes are mounted with the noexec option.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could manually take it out of fstab but it might be regenerated automatically.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!