CUPS printing - HP Deskjet 2543

• I have the CUPS pluigin installed, but Is there a way the CUPS drivers can be upgraded?

My system (OMV 2.2.5 Stoneburner) includes the latest updates (incl dist-upgrade), but the CUPS drivers are at version 3.12.6, and so are the hplip drivers.
    My printer, a HP Deskjet 2543, is supported from version 3.14.6 (http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html)

Is there a way to make OMV to install a more recent version of CUPS/hplip?

Thank you guys

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would wait for OMV 3.0 since it should have more printer drivers.

Why are you using cups when your printer is a network printer already?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

Raising this one from the dead...
    I basically got this HP DeskJet 1110 (most basic printer you can think of) for free and since I have the occasional need to print paper forms I thought "great I'll just install CUPS on my OMV box (2.2.13) and call it a day".
    Well it requires hplip 3.15.7...

I checked the Debian packages and 3.16.9 is available in the Jessie backports... so when OMV 3 is out of beta and I upgrade I should be able to enable the backports and install the driver from there (And afterward disable the backports, right? I have never used the backports before...).

Also noticed that CUPS was on the abandoned plugins list... so I guess might just as well install it from the CLI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!