Install problems

• Hi all; apologies in advance for my idiocy - I'm having trouble with installing and since I'm not great with command line or linux I'll just provide as much detail as possible.

I'm trying to install OMV on a Raspberry Pi 2 attached to a USB drive and connected directy to my Virgin Superhub. There is no monitor and no peripherals here, so it'll only be remote access.

I hooked it up the TV to install after burning an ISO (omv_2.2.5_rpi2_rpi3.img) to an SD card. It went through a lot of text as it booted and seemed to work fine, eventually arriving at a login prompt - which I couldn't do because I don't have any input peripherals. Assuming it's done, I unplug and put the unit where it's going to sit permanently and try to load the web UI, which returns a 502 Gateway error.

Google led me to: 502 bad gateway

Followed the advice there as best I could, but I don't claim to really understand what I'm doing with most of it.

Now, I'm assuming that I haven't actually completed the installation by not following that command prompt? If so, is there a way to resolve that without access to a keyboard etc? I figure there must be since we're working on the Pi?

Alternatively...help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would reboot it and try to connect to the web interface again. If that doesn't work, I would try writing the image to the SD card again. I would even try another SD card. This would probably be easier if you could connect a keyboard though...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I now own a lovely Dell USB keyboard, and my TV is within reach of the router, so Raspberry is connected to internet, TV and keyboard. I ran through the boot procedure again and ended up in the same place, though this time I was able to input the default login details - but this doesn't seem to have changed anything wrt to the error.

I'll try rewriting the ISO now, but is there anything else I could be trying now/once it's done?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would fully update the system before trying the web interface. So, execute omv-update as root locally. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• A post from the other 502 thread got me access to the GUI, but I'm running omv-update now just in case.

New problem is that the brand new USB HDD I've plugged in doesn't appear to be showing up anywhere in OMV. I plugged it in to my laptop and it turns up there, so the drive seems to work so I suppose I'm missing something else pretty obvious here?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What tab are you looking in - physical disks or filesystems? Is there a filesystem on it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

RPi2 is true armhf. Not sure why that would fix it but it doesn't hurt it either.

What size usb drive is it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the drive being powered by the RPi? If so, your RPi power supply might be too weak to power both.

• Hi, I'm back again!

I've now got the Pi using a 2A power supply, so that shouldn't be a problem. I've also got the drive on a powered USB hub, so that should be sorted, too.

Still no sign of the drive on the web GUI. Could it be a formatting issue? I have literally bought the drive, imaged the SD card and plugged the lot in, so...?

Really, any suggestions welcomed. I've got Shell access and Web GUI access, so should be able to run any commands/diagnostics - I just have no idea what they might be myself!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

fdisk -l
    lsusb if this isn't installed, apt-get install usbutils

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!