RAID1 Creating Failed Try to Recover My data

• Hi,

I tried to creat a RAID1 with 2x3TB TOSHIBA Disks following the thread:Create RAID 1 with existing Data Disk. But i did it very wrong and result the RAID not usable.
    Before begining there was nearly 3TB data in /dev/sdc1. Disk /dev/sdb is clean and empty.
    [*]I put the following code in my terminal

Code
    1.mdadm --create /dev/md0 -l 1 -n 2 /dev/sdc1 missing

[*]Then I went to the webUI and did the RAID recovery in RAID Management page and added my /dev/sdb to the RAID.
    [*]The RAID Management page is like this:
    [/list] File Systems page is like this:

Here is the content of "fdisk -l" command:

- cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid1]
    md0 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdc1[0] sdb[2]
          2930134272 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]

unused devices: <none>

- blkid

Code
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="8175c72b-7da2-4ccf-9b95-8a3f26bb52a2" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="b915cc8f-93d6-ff9f-21cb-f7495761916b" UUID_SUB="73d7f293-592d-5db4-9464-8ebbf50b327a" LABEL="IMBANAS:0" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="750G" UUID="3f9526f3-a330-4fb8-91cb-615337abec99" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="aa958ab5-8d06-4e76-9e91-1f3c78184df5" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="21e823be-b409-4030-b7e9-2383e6e1fe6d" TYPE="swap"

Now the RAID cannot be used and I can't get access to my data. I need to recover the data can anybody help me.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try (as root):
    mdadm --readwrite /dev/md0
    mount -a

You really should have a backup since raid is not a backup...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You didn't have that in your post. So, I thought it was worth a shot. I will mention using the create flag like you did is very dangerous. I would boot the system with systemrescuecd because it has newer raid utility versions.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You didn't have that in your post. So, I thought it was worth a shot. I will mention using the create flag like you did is very dangerous. I would boot the system with systemrescuecd because it has newer raid utility versions.

Finally, I get my data back. I tried all kind of ways to recover my data but none of them worked. The Testdisk software failed to recover my data and end up showing me some meaningless numbers. At last, I solved my idiot problem with a idiot way. Surprisingly, it worked
    First I did this:

Code
    mdadm -S /dev/md0

then i tried to mount /dev/sdc1 but failed which is already known before.
    and i made a really stuip move using fsck and it worked like magic then i just mounted /dev/sdc1 and now i am copying all the data out from my disk.

Code
    fsck.ext4 /dev/sdc1

Thank you very much for helping me with my problem. Your help really encouraged me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!