restore omv apps - I removed a bunch of packages by mistake

• so I wanted to uninstall plex from my omv server

I ran:

Code
    apt-get remove plex*

which then proceeded to remove ALOT more than I anticipated..

running:

Code
    awk '!/^Start|^Commandl|^End|^Upgrade:|^Error:/ { gsub( /\([^()]*\)/ ,"" );gsub(/ ,/," ");sub(/^Install:/,""); print}' /var/log/apt/history.log

gave me this output:

Code
    openmediavault-extplorer:amd64  libsamplerate0:amd64  openmediavault-virtualbox:amd64  openmediavault-links:amd64  openmediavault-sensors:amd64  libav-tools:amd64  libjack-jackd2-0:amd64  plexmediaserver:amd64  openmediavault:amd64  libavdevice53:amd64  openmediavault-nut:amd64  openmediavault-docker-gui:amd64  openmediavault-rsnapshot:amd64  openmediavault-openvpnas:amd64  bash-completion:amd64  openmediavault-omvextrasorg:amd64  openmediavault-openvpn:amd64  openmediavault-backup:amd64

but running apt-get install [packages from previous command]doesn't work because it can't find most of the packages
    output:

any ideas how I can restore my omv server without "just" reinstalling the whole thing?

• The same accident happened to me as well after removing the wget package. I wanted to test an alias for removing and installing packages, but did not consider that it will remove dependent packages. When typing the command given by Symbiot I deleted the following packages:

Code
    Remove: openmediavault-downloader:amd64  openmediavault:amd64  openmediavault-luksencryption:amd64  openmediavault-autoshutdown:amd64  wget:amd64  openmediavault-wol:amd64  openmediavault-rsnapshot:amd64  openmediavault-omvextrasorg:amd64  openmediavault-backup:amd64

I cannot install any packages due to the same reason as described by Symbiot. Hence, I tried:

Code
    dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb

But it gives me the following error code:

The main complaint here is the following error: "Can't open /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions"

Any idea how I can fix this? :/

• I could fix my problem.

1. I started an OMV instance in virtual-box and copied the file

Code
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions

via SSH to my PC. I copied the file into the same path of my broken OMV installation, since this file was missing. Probably, you can find it on some github site, but I didn't.

2. Then, I followed all the steps described in Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy) except executing the omv-initsystem command

3. Now, the command dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb was working without any error.

4. Could not install the plugins via terminal, but my webinterface started to work again. Re-installed the relevant plugins manually (rsnapshopt, luks). I didn't use the other ones at all.

5. Checked all settings. To my suprise and luck none of them were gone. Since I have removed the entire openmediavault plugin, I expected that I lost my omv settings.

If for whatever reason this happens to you, good luck!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!