FTP over TLS problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FTP over TLS problem

Hi,

I have enable FTP service with SSL/TLS connection and internal certificate, using filezilla to download files will disconnect after around 120 files downloaded.
      if disable the SSL/TLS connection will back to normal. (only enable Passive FTP and Masquerade address)
      anyone got this problem?
      Thank you
    • Re: FTP over TLS problem

Thanks for your help, this can solved my problem, in /var/log/proftpd folder proftpd.log don't have any error, and tls.log show below

Feb 20 07:46:12 mod_tls/2.4.2[25675]: TLSv1/SSLv3 renegotiation accepted, using cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256 bits)
      Feb 20 07:46:12 mod_tls/2.4.2[25675]: client did not reuse SSL session, rejecting data connection (see TLSOption NoSessionReuseRequired)
      Feb 20 07:46:12 mod_tls/2.4.2[25675]: unable to open data connection: TLS negotiation failed

According to proftpd.org/docs/contrib/mod_tls.html and the log message you must check the 'No session reuse required' checkbox in the FTP SSL/TLS panel.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit

Hi

After i updated to 4.25.1, my ftp server cannot access from outside, before is ok, anyone have this problem?
      I using filezilla with FTP over TLS, make connection will show error GnuTLS error -53: Error in the push function,
      and don't see any error log at server.

Some case i already try:

1. disable SSL/TLS, using Passive FTP with Masquerade address, cannot connect to server with filezilla, after MLSD show timeout.
      2. disable SSL/TLS, using Passive FTP without Masquerade address, can connect to server with filezilla.
      3. enable SSL/TLS, using Passive FTP without Masquerade address, cannot connect to server with filezilla, after MLSD show GnuTLS error -53: Error in the push function.
      4. enable SSL/TLS, using Passive FTP with Masquerade address, cannot connect to server with filezilla, after MLSD show GnuTLS error -53: Error in the push function.

thanks