"Failed to connect to socket" after upgrade to 3.0

• Hi guys,
    I update from omv 2.2.5 to the latest 3.0
    After the install when I try to enter into the Webgui I have this message:
    Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    If I connect via SSH and try to use omv-firstaid, this is the error if I try to restor the webgui:
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory","trace":"exception 'OMV\\Rpc\\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc:138\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('WebGui', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=WebGui, method=setSettings)

Why I have this problem? what should I do? :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably have plugins installed that aren't ported to OMV 3.x yet.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• i have very few plug-in :( how can I check them without the webgui?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• here's the result:

• Offizieller Beitrag

virtualbox plugin isn't compatible without the backports kernel installed.

apt-get remove openmediavault-virtualbox
    apt-get -f install

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• thanks! now is working again!

• Similar Problem here:

Error message after Login

Erased virtualbox like stated above but with no result

Greetings

Micha

Q29000-ITX
    omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras

• ... I try to deinstall one after th other with

apt-get remove openmediavault-...
    apt-get -f install

... do i have to restart the system after each deinstall?

Q29000-ITX

• Hi,

do i have to restart the system after each deinstall?

Nope, but on the end of the maintenance i would prefer it, and then watching out for errors.

Nein, aber nachdem su fertig bist würde ich auf jeden Fall einen Neustart machen und auf Fehlermeldungen achten ;)

Sc0rp

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to remove the openmediavault-remoteshare and extplorer plugins. They haven't been ported to OMV 3.x

• Thanks but: very mühselig ... arduous to get 3.x running. Thought it it is less rough

Q29000-ITX

• Hi all, same error after login "Failed to connect to socket: no such file or directory".
    This is the output of

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    ii  openmediavault                 3.0.35                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    2.13.2                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt  1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    rc  openmediavault-usbbackup       3.2.7                          all          OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin

The strange thing is that I've just unistalled usbbackup, this is the output of:

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-usbbackup
    Code
    Lettura elenco dei pacchetti... Fatto
    Generazione albero delle dipendenze
    Lettura informazioni sullo stato... Fatto
    Il pacchetto "openmediavault-usbbackup" non è installato e quindi non è stato rimosso
    0 aggiornati, 0 installati, 0 da rimuovere e 4 non aggiornati.

How can I resolve?

Thanks a lot

• Offizieller Beitrag

usbbackup is removed not purged which is good enough. You need to remove/reinstall or upgrade omvextras, plex and transmission plugins.

• I updated all the plugins, but still error

this is the list:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                 3.0.35                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.3.13                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver 1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt  1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    rc  openmediavault-usbbackup       3.2.7                          all          OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin

any suggest?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You missed transmission and plex. They should be version 3.x. Try omv-aptclean and then omv-update.

• I've done everything, but it tells me that plex is already updated

any ideas?

• ok, i uninstalled and the re installed plex, everything is good, now, webUI starts good.

The only error I've got now is this one:

Code
    The property 'pexenabled' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.transmissionbt'

I've just disable PEX in Transmission panel, but it appears again (the service and Transmission UI are working good).

Can you help me?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!