Sensors plugin is reporting CPU load not temp

• So I've been testing out OMV sensors for a few days and at the beggining I though it wasn't working at all when the CPU line was always 0. I then decided to test the MB temp and after enabling that and leaving it for a while I started noticing two things:

- The MB temp seems to be working, between 30 to 35 celcious which is the normal for me here.
    - The CPU Temp shows some spikes, so I had a hint that it was showing me the server load, not the server temp.

Based on my assumptions I purposely started to tax the server while monitoring the "CPU Temp" and sure enough, what seems to be reporting as CPU temp exactly matches the load in the system which seems a bit odd. Yes that 23 (load) max was me pushing the CPU on purpose.

I am not sure if I setup something wrong here or perhaps this is the way it was supposed to work and I am totally off?

Would appreciate some hints.

Thanks!

• I was able to fix this eventually, so posting here for anyone else having similar issues. The issue ended up being my own fault. Before installing the plugin I had manually installed lmsensors via command line. This seemed to have caused issues when I installed the plugin.

My fix was simple, I first removed the plugin. Then manually removed lmsensors from the command line.

I then cleaned up my packages and after it was all clear I reinstalled the plugin. After that the plugin is now correctly monitoring temperature.

Cheers,

• I only installed the plugin.
    And the temptures doesn't change. Looks like LM sensors is either not reporting the correct thing or it's not reporting at all.

This is what I see in SSH and samething on the graph, no matter how I tax the server, no change at all.

acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1: +30.0°C (crit = +110.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0: +45.0°C (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1: +40.0°C (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

I want to be sure I don't get into any issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!