Plex plugin installation fails

• Good morning,

I have used Plex plugin for several days without issue on OMV 3.0.30. Yesterday a update showed up: plexmediaserver (1.0.3.2461-35f0caa). After installation, Plex
    didn't work anymore. Max76 in this forum discovered same issue. Not being as smart, I tried to delete and re-install Plex plugin. But installation fails:

After closing teh installation window I get error message : Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.

Hope for your support to get Plex up and running again. Thanks in advance.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• Does not help, unfortunately. You could repair the installed plugin, but I'm not even able to install. I can rename
    the /etc/default/plexmediaserver.prev but no success.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tested on OMV 3.x but couldn't get it to work. I admit I didn't do much though.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron 2 files were renamed with the installation of the new package. This is the problem.....

/etc/default/plexmediaserver.prev
    needs to be:
    /etc/default/plexmediaserver

/etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.prev
    needs to be:
    /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaservice.service

Then...
    systemctl daemon-reload

and then it works again......

• Aaron, they added a unit file at /lib/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service with the new package. It is identical to the file at /etc/systmed/system/plexmedia.service. Only need 1 unit file and the prev removed from the default file and the override file. I removed the plugin and it removed the plexmediaservice package. The only thing that did not get removed /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service (the old unit file) and the plex user.

Thinking about this.... how best to remedy.

They still have not fixed their unit file. I bitched on their forums over a month ago about this!

• @ryecoaaron This package for jessie really needs a debian folder and more info to setup. The ubuntu package will not setup for OMV as desired. It is missing contol file for dependencies and a conffiles file.

The .prev on the /etc/default/plexmediaserver file is the only one causing the problem. If there is some way in systemd the package needs to be adjust so this .prev is not add on the default file. The one on the old unit file is ok.

Trying to figure out how to do this in systemd.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Done.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ...and fresh install works again like a charm!

Thank you very much, gents. :thumbup:

• Update failed with an Error 1 (dpkg --configure), at apt-get upgrade today.

I solved the problem, first i delete plexmediaserver and the omv-plugin with
    apt-get remove plexmediaserver openmedievault-plexmediaserver

then

apt-get clean
    apt-get install plexmediaserver

But the error 1 still exist, with an problem in systemctl

I renamed the files liked tekkb

mv /etc/systmed/system/plexmedia.service.prev /etc/systmed/system/plexmedia.service
    mv /etc/default/plexmediaserver.prev /etc/default/plexmediaserver

Then i configure the paket plexmediaserver
    dkpg --configure plexmediaserver

and to the end install the plugin
    apt-get install openmediavault-plexmediaserver

Hopefully it helps somebody

That works fine for me at OMV 3.0.30
    (sorry for my bad englisch)

• All people should have to do is install the new plugin via the update manager. If it is not working after that disable the plugin and enable it. Then you should be fine. Installs from scratch should just work right away. It is just post upgrades you may have to disable/enable the plugin.

• Hello everybody!

I followed the describtion by Masseter...

... but the result of the command 'dpkg --configure plexmediaserver' is an error:
    (translation from German...)
    plexmediaserver (1.0.3.2461-35f0caa) will be configured
    OK
    Error to execute operation: file exists
    dpkg: error ... plexmediaserver (--configure)
    Sub-process installed post-installation-script returns error '1'
    Error while processing: plexmediaserver

I activated and deactivated the plugin several times (as advised by tekkb)... still getting the error 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver''.

Hope for your advice

• dpkg list is:

ii openmediavault 3.0.30 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.3.5 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    iU openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.6 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin

• Do this and then try to install the plugin again:
    apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    userdel plex

Then delete the plexmediaserver folder on your data drive, which ever one you put it on.

Then reinstall the plugin from the plugin section in OMV's Web GUI. Do not do it from command line.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!