Plex plugin installation fails

• Did it the way you told me... no success...

Still the same error 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'' (detail):

Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/plexmediaserver.inc(54): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePlexMediaServer->setSettings(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(538): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('PlexMediaServer', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I don't know if it is related to this error... but I can't specify any folder for the Plex-database. I can choose the drive (raid or usb-stick) but that is it. No access to the folder field...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Re-installing doesn't erase your array. You are supposed to disconnect all other drives except system when installing anyway.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Re-installing doesn't erase your array. You are supposed to disconnect all other drives except system when installing anyway.

This means
    1) disconnection of every hdd (system is installed at a usb-stick SLC nand flash)
    2) installation of OMV
    3) re-connection of the six hdd with the raid-6-array
    4) raid-6-array is shown at 'filesystems' at settings so it can be mounted and accessed

I'm a little bit worried as I read that there are several commands needed such as 'mdadm --assemble --scan' after installation? This is said to not have the raid-6 accessible...
    Do you know of a howto to guide me through this process?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have re-installed many times and never had to re-assemble my arrays. So, your steps 1-4 are all that is needed.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Has this issue with Plex been solved yet? The same thing is happening to me with the latest version of Erasmus. When I install the plexmediaserver plugin it never completes. I have to close the web page and re-enter the web gui. when I do that I get:

Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    -Zach

• Having the same problem reinstalling.

Error from Install :

Then the dreaded popup menu which states every 30sec - Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\Config\DatabaseException' with message 'Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus() #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

Plex worked well before - but had to swap out drives - sure would like to get it up and running again.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Having the same problem reinstalling.

I know you probably got an error when posting but don't keep trying. It is the same filter causing your post to need to accepted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried the previous statements by @ryecoaaron and it still having the same issue. I did a fresh install and i can't get plex to install. Causes the same errors as above.

Not sure what previous statements you are referring to or what system you are installing on. It does seem that people who are using libraries from previous installs have a lot of issues (probably permissions or ownership).

• After having tried plexmediaserver in docker I wanted to return to standard plugin installation in OMV 3.

There is an issue already during the re-installation process resulting in a.m. error. As it seems, only re-installation is affected
    (i had removed plexmediaserver before my docker try via UI). Perhaps there is an issue in the de-installation that prevents a proper
    re-installation?

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• mine was a fresh install of OMV after wiping the drive.

sorry - didn't get that correctly.

Then I should wait with a fresh install ...

or alternatively I should go back to use docker.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von belierzz ()

• Did a complete fresh Installation of OMV due to another reason and installed openmediavault-plexmediaserver plugin as usual.

Worked like a charm....

• Hi I'd like to also report that I'm getting the same error

Failed to execute XPath query '//services/plexmediaserver''

I'm running OMV 3.0.74

Plex installed fine the first time but the web interface wasn't working so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and ever since then it has 'failed' the reinstall. It installs ending in an error, but then the services page will not load in OMV until plex is uninstalled. Activating and unactivating the plex service doesn't do anything. If I uninstall and reinstall I get the error every time.

Thanks,
    -Alex

• The shared folder can not be uppercase and has no special characters.

Der freigegebene Ordner darf nicht groß geschrieben sein und keine Sonderzeichen haben.

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• First off all: openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.1 plugin is running very well. No issues, only a question out of curiosity:

when I do a "apt-get update" in the CLI I get an info as follows:

"W: Konflikt bei Distribution: https://downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (public erwartet, aber bekommen)"

@ryecoaaron could you please explain what happens?

Thank you very much in advance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von belierzz ()

• Hi did this but it did not solve my problem. This is my error at the install:

This is the error after I hit close on the install window:

Code
    Error #0:
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/plexmediaserver.inc(58): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.pl...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModulePlexMediaServer->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Is there some sort of services file that needs to be purged of plex?

• Offizieller Beitrag

"W: Konflikt bei Distribution: downloads.plex.tv public InRelease (public erwartet, aber bekommen)"

@ryecoaaron could you please explain what happens?

It has to do with how plex has their repo setup. It is just a warning and shouldn't hurt anything though. Nothing I can do to fix it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!