openmediavault-netatalk 0.4.2 problems

• I have just updated to openmediavault-netatalk 0.4.2 and am having problems with my AFP shares :( Previously all was working fine but this update seems to have changed the guest logic and also some of the other Netatalk settings? Here's a summary of what I have found with the new (0.4.2) update:

Is anyone else seeing any issues in 0.4.2?

Many thanks

• My issue after updating is that I can log in via guest account but not with a normal account anymore.

Code
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: AFP logout by $user
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: dsi_stream_read: len:0, unexpected EOF
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: afp_over_dsi: client logged out, terminating DSI session
    Feb 11 08:22:14 psfs02 afpd[12483]: AFP statistics: 0.59 KB read, 0.44 KB written
    Feb 11 08:22:17 psfs02 afpd[12696]: AFP3.3 Login by $user

In Finder my fileserver shows up with possible available AFP and SMB/CIFS shares. After clicking on "$fileserver-name - AFP" it says "connection failed".
    The first four lines appear in /var/log/syslog when using "connect as" option. The last line after acknowledging the login parameters (username, password).
    SMB/CIFS is working fine.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "ianch99"

"Enable Time Machine support for this share" and "Make dot files invisible" not honoured. Attributes are set in AppleVolumes.default but OMV GUI not presenting correct values. If you toggle these values, when you re-load the share details,, the tick box is cleared even though the setting is in AppleVolumes.default

This will be fixed in openmediavault-netatalk 0.4.3.

The default guest user is 'nobody', thus if you want to change it please do not do this by adding the extra option -guestname "ianch", instead add the following to /etc/default/openmediavault

Code
    OMV_NETATALK_AFPD_GUEST="ianch"

Thus the guest user config code will not get broken. With 0.4.2 there has been added two new checkboxes to the AFP share property dialog, please validate that they are set correct.

• Many thanks for the reply. Using the OMV_NETATALK_AFPD_GUEST + guest checkbox solution has got things back to normal. Is there anywhere where these settings are documented so I can learn more about OMV?

• Will 0.4.3 also fix my login problems? Searching for my problem I found out for some people this problem already occured 2011. (Unfortunately I can't post a link, because my message will be marked as spam ...)
    Haven't found a solution yet. Looking at all my log files, I can't find any indications for the reason for all of this, too. It's definitely no file permission or ACL problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!