Shared Folders: the "Reset Permissions" Tab is not available anymore

• Hello everybody,

since updating from 3.0.13 to 3.0.31 the "Reset Permissions" Tab in the "Shared Folders" section suddenly disappeared.
    Can anyone tell me how I can reset the permissions for my shares now?

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I moved it to its own plugin called openmediavault-resetperms. Does same thing.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I had the same problem and know python. To fix, comment out rows 119 and 120, then it works.

Note that this python script does not use classes and the keyword 'self' refers to the current class, so it throws an exception. Also note that 'if not port_no' is repeated so the first block seems to have been left in the script, perhaps an oversight by the developer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Note that this python script does not use classes and the keyword 'self' refers to the current class, so it throws an exception. Also note that 'if not port_no' is repeated so the first block seems to have been left in the script, perhaps an oversight by the developer.

Wrong thread? Not sure which one is should be moved to.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi guys,

Is there a way one can run reset perm in terminal for a specific folder?
    Reason I ask is that I have a folder that at random times, once every second day or so it loses its permissions, I have to then restart my server at run resetperms on that folder to get my permissions back.

Want to try and create a scheduled job to run a resetperms command every day to see if this solves my annoying random problem.

to give background, this is a movies folder where I have sonarr move and rename my downloads to, it works well but for some odd reason every second or third day this folder becomes read only then sonarr can no longer write to the directory. its getting super annoying and I'm not entirely sure whats causing it. then I need to restart and run resetperms, then its good for another couple of days.

• Offizieller Beitrag

s there a way one can run reset perm in terminal for a specific folder?

Kind of. If you execute /usr/sbin/omv-resetperms as root, it will always fix the folder you have set in the web interface.

• I was also reading and found this, surely this should do the same thing right?

find /sharedfolders/Movies -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

find /sharedfolders/Movies -type f -exec chmod 666 {} \;

Thank for the reply though, appreciate it

• Offizieller Beitrag

surely this should do the same thing right?

The reset perms script/plugin actually resets them to the permissions you select. Those commands will work but anyone will be able to read/write them. If that isn't a problem, it should work.

• I was also reading and found this, surely this should do the same thing right?

find /sharedfolders/Movies -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

find /sharedfolders/Movies -type f -exec chmod 666 {} \;

Thank for the reply though, appreciate it

Based on this helpful example, I added this hourly cron job to my OMV5 to reset the files on my share used for plex

find /export/media -type d -exec chown root:users {} \; && find /export/media -type f -exec chown root:users {} \; &&find /export/media -type d -exec chmod 2775 {} \; && find /export/media -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

Seems to be working well so far. Good? Or is there a better way?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!